I've actually finished a track!

Really nice job on this...reminds me of U2.

Mind if I burn it to a cd?!?

Congrats on a good song...

Cool moody piece ps. I really dug the vocal with the delay. Congratulations on finishing one, I know the feeling!

Twist

Just for you BS here is a MP3 Version

Cold Waters MP3

BobOC - Of course you can :)

Also how anonying is this - I mixed down the delay for the chorus weeks ago and now I can't remember the settings - aghh

Thanks for your comments.

Paul

I dig this tune. Nice and trippy and laidback... Really like the "tsa-tsa-tsa daaaaaaa da-nah nah-nah nah-nah" part. It kept going on repeat for a few times, and I was still digging it on the 3rd, 4th listen...

Thanks for sharing it with us!
-Jeff

Not a bad mix at all. Interesting guitar sounds. I like the guitar that plays those "drone" notes in the verses. Creates a nice effect. You did some stuff rhythmically with the vocals that worked well too.

Maybe you want the song to run 6-plus minutes. My feeling is that you might get a "tighter" song if the sections were shortened a bit. But that's just my preference.

You have a very resonant voice - I like the quality. The vocals were the slightest bit tough to hear. They could probably be brought up just a bit. Some of the syncing could be a little tighter in chorus when they're double tracked.

Nice job.

Weird, for some reason it only is 1minute 15 seconds?

I like it a lot:cool: I really like the background stuff: Very subtle, very effective. Nicely done, but how come I cant hear the whole tune? Why dont you post on Nowhere Radio, almost all of us do.

David K- It may be something to do with the variable bit rate I use to get a better encoding result. On my player it shows up as only 2.30 mins but actually plays longer. If you want I could post a normal MP3 version.

The reason I don't post on nowhere radio is simply because I pay for my own deicated server so It quite easy for me to host my own tracks.

Anyway, I feel really good that you are all so possitive about my song. the mixing and mastering were done 'by ear' for the first time as opposed to actually thinking about the settings and numbers.

Also most of the song apart from the underlying tune came from just getting up and singing without thinking so maybee I've found 'my way of working'. The solo was also done on the spot, and was finished within 20 mins.

Thanks for taking the time to download and listen.

Paul

B.SABBATH said:
Kramer, how do you do that?!

This is the program I use sam. http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=307

Just click on the download link below the product Description.

You can use it to convert images to jpeg,bmp,gif etc.....resize them,rotate,crop......all kinds of cool stuff.It also has the cool little screen capture tool in it.The best thing of all is that it's FREE.LOL...I've had a copy of it for the last 2 years and I havent had a problem.It's a stable little program.It's really small.Download it and give it a whirl.

--------------------------------------------------------
psneddon,

I just listened to the tune finally.This is a really cool laid back piece of music.I love the vocals.Nice lazy groove......I like it.

thanks Kramer! I couldn't get it to work when I tried the other ways.. This will come in handy! :D

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 20
Back