Its time for a mixing contest!!!

Sounds cool. I can maybe even put up some tracks if nobody else has anything. I don't have the energy to host it like last time, but I have a few pieces of gear left over that I can donate for prizes.

If you have any song you'd like mixed by other people to get different ideas this would be the best time, timboZ.

Otherwise, I might have some track available in the next two days. :)

When I get home I will see what I can dig up.

Anybody want to be judges.
I don't think I am qualified to be a judge.

I have the tracks to the last tune I posted....I'd be happy to put them up for a mix off..... I can post the tune how I mixed it to see if yer all interested in the song itself....

Im always up for a mix comp for a bit of fun, but im too busy with my bands album plus the numerous other mixes I need to get through. Got em coming out my ears! :(

Eck

well if people wanna give my bands latest a shot I have the tracks .rar'd and in wav format...the total file size is a bit over 500meg, I don't have a place to host that size file....

If ya'll want to try it and run with my tune, I just need a spot where it can be accessible... If ya wanna do someone elses tune that's cool too....

Perdicament said:
well if people wanna give my bands latest a shot I have the tracks .rar'd and in wav format...the total file size is a bit over 500meg, I don't have a place to host that size file....

If ya'll want to try it and run with my tune, I just need a spot where it can be accessible... If ya wanna do someone elses tune that's cool too....
Make a torrent and post the link here and on a tracker like TPB. This will allow others to get the file from you in smaller pieces. Once more people have it will, allow sharing a lot easier and it will download faster too. :)

I will check with NL5 and see if he can host it. Also thajeremy said he can host them.

I have 2 different emo/scremo songs. Just trying to decide what one was tracked the best to put up.

Probably don't need me to, but if you need someone to host wav files, I can create a new page on my site and put them up for download.

Well, I'd be happy to put my tracks out there for this, however if TimboZ wants to put his out, that's cool with me seeing as how he started this thread...i certianly don't wanna step on any "E-Toes" (lol) :p :p :p

I'm just making the offer, and obviously would love to hear the tune in a mix-off... I have webspace but am just a few Megs shy on space to host it myself.... still deleting old stuff though..... ;)

I have one going here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=213001

I had originally posted the drum files, then about a week ago I posted the bass and guitar files. I wasn't quite sure how everyone goes about mixing the guitars, so I ended up posting 2 versions.... a clean, unprocessed file (in case you wanted to try your hand at amplitube), and a distorted track.

This weekend we're doing the vocals and keys, and that pretty muchs rounds it out.

I can host if there is a real need. It sounds like RAMI and Thajermey have it covered though. :)

If we want to spread out the chores, let someone else host it and I'll supply the prizes. I think I have 4 or 5 pieces of equipment left from my MIX-OFF. On my VIDEO and PIX page on my site, there's a photo gallery called "MIX-OFF PRIZES". Nothing special, but better than nothing.

I would like to suggest that you create two contestant categories. One for newbs and one for experienced folks. You would end up with two winners but, at least the rookies wouldn't feel squeezed out of the contest right from the start.

Unless of course, you don't want the newbies in there.

Just a thought.
RawDepth

Back