It's been a while

Thanks again my friend. It was a violin in its first life. I drug it out of a dumpster and kind of did the Frankenstein to it.
As far as setup goes, rhythm guitar was a Samick SAT650 which is basically a 335 copy through a '65 Ampeg Gemini VI, that miked with a KM184/HHB preamp. Bass was a P bass/ Hartke amp mike with a D-112/HHB Fatman. Piano was a synth DI. Organ was a Hammond L103/ Leslie 147 miked with a 57/Envoice Mindprint. Slide part was the FrankenFiddle through a Kustom 72 Coupe miked with the KM-184/HHB combo again. Drums I used a pair of Earthworks SR-71's for overheads in XY, AKG C-1000 on rack tom, AKG C3000 on floor tom, a Sennheiser MD-441 on snare and an AKG D-112 in the kik with a 57 on the front head all through HHB preamps.View attachment 95281
What is the sledge hammer for?
If you can't get your amp sounding right you smash it?
lol
I have my phone pluggered into my car stereo and I was going to give it a listen....
But i cant play nowhereradio on my phone. I even downloaded the track and the download won't play. i guess i need some kind of app I dunno.
I'll have to wait and play it on my computer.

Real good. Terrific vocals and song. Nice groove. The bassist and drummer are feeling it. Love the guitar tone. I'm not sure about that rim shot. It's effective in places but there's too much of it. Can you turn it down more like a sidestick?

Nice work Track Rat. The guitar tone is especially beautiful. The guitar part reminded me of Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, so I listened to the original... classic playing there of course, but for me its guitar tone wasn't as good as this. Interesting, miking the guitar amp with a KM184. It sure worked.

Thanks. Yeah, it doesn't seem like it would be the first one you'd reach for on a guitar. It might get spanked if you put it in front of a Marshall but I liked it better than 57's. I like this old Ampeg for sure.

Man Track Rat, this is very good. Really good guitar tones and drums on this. The guy has really got a great voice. Reminds me of the singer who did "whiter shade of pale". Anyway, I think you did a great job engineering this. You get a lot better results than I can. I can't seem to get this kind of volume out of my tracks without clipping.
Hats off to you man!

Back