Its been awhile.

There's some potential here, but there's definitely some distinct points to fix.

Your vocals are building up in the low mids a little, especially when you have the chorus stacked up in the beginning. Some EQ and possibly some alternate mic choices might help clean up the mud there.

It sounds like you've got a lot of compression on the track overall. I would back that off. Let the loudness happen in mastering.

The cymbals are basically nothing but mp3 artifacts. Did you upload a wav or an mp3 to soundcloud?

The song itself is catchy, and you've got some good arrangement choices, but your source sounds need a lot of work.

I enjoyed the energy of this track quite a bit.

I found it a bit too long, though. I'm surprised I'm saying, because I normally enjoy long, meandering pieces that many people find tiresome, because they're used to the 3-minute radio song.

Also, I'm a noob when it comes to mixing, eq, etc. but I can tell the whole thing is too muffled.

Keep at it, though!

Thanks for the comments. I put a limiter on the main buss at maybe -4db then converted wav. to mp3. I really am struggling with the high end obviously. I get to the point where I just kinda give up and move on, plus my room sucks for mixing. If I don't re-visit this song I will apply these points on the next.

Thanks again.

I like the song alright, it sounds like the reverb could be dialed back a little and maybe have some more track separation, you could try using something like waves vocal rider to duck the music to the vocals, or neutron 2 has a cool masking feature on it's eq. Those and adding expansion on signals can help the clarity of everything when it's all mixed. Waves NS1 is a really simple way to do some of that.

Was this mixed by the guitar player? Good potential for a song of this style. Vocal a bit boxy, guitars dominating, drums backstage.

The drums sound a bit choked and overall the track sound muffled. You might be overusing compression/limiting. Make sure to Hi pass all your vocal and guitar tracks ( & even bass) before turning on the compressors

Back