It's all about fun isn't it?

JR#97 said:
So I take it that it is better to use the VBR settings?
Hey man... HOW THE HELL ARE YOU?

Yup, it's another one with loopability potential. I just freakin' LOVE the melodies you have rolling around inside your head.

I feel your pain on the CEP converter. It's SOOOOoooo convenient, that you just really want to use it. This sounds fine to me, btw, but I didn't get to hear it before encoding.

And yes, theoretically, VBR is the best...well, actually, straight encoding with the lame encoder @ 320 is the "best," but it's a tradeoff for file size.

I actually started a thread in the CEP forum about its encoder. Go yell at Dobro with me, LOL.

Man, on the EJ stuff...anytime. I gotta' warn you though, I can't really sing most of his tunes. I KNOW most of them, lol...but I sound like a really sick cat on most. I can "Your Song," if you're interested, and I'll take a shot at anything you work on...LOL.

Thanks for this...it's my loop for the day.

Oh yeah, I noticed a couple ot timing probs, but they're minor. I just wanted you to know that I DO listen to this stuff critically...LOL.

I tried the VBR,didn't like it much though.
What it does,if I understand it right,is lower the bitrate for quiter,less dynamic passages.
You just set the max bitrate,and it does the rest.
Hence a smaller file size.

If your doing acoustic work,it dosn't sound very good.
Didn't really seem to lower the file size either.

With a full electric mix,seems to work well.
I know Sam uses the VBR,and it sounds great.
I just use a straight 192 rate.

Another thing with the Lame is,make sure the mode is set to stereo if you use a straight encoding.
Sounds better than joint stereo.

Pete

It certainly should be about fun :)

That was a cool tune. I love the lead guitar just wailing away, but with really nice melodies.

Its kind of a shame that all of this fancy recording stuff has made people think the "live sound" isn't good sounding. Even at concerts, I think people want the songs to sound just like they do on the albums.

There should be room for both sounds, and its nice to hear a jam :)

Thanks,

Adam

I like a touch of slop in playing-sounds human ya know?-Really cool melody-getting me Irish blood a boilin'-some interesting choices of notes for sure-sounds more like a melody than just a solo. Enjoyed it!

Like your avatar thing-do you play chess? I'm an avid player-if you ever want a game let me know...

Sounds great. I really like the bass sound. What did you use for drums.. Sorry if this has been covered in an earlier post but I can't read.. :D

chrisharris: thanks for the listen and comments. my next goal is to actually go for a production instead of just a multi-track jerk off. It blows me away how much you've been accomploshing in CEP.

adams: thanks for the listen and comments. yeah, the whole point of this one was to push record and just have fun. Fostex rules! welcome to the darkside.

Strato: thanks for the listen and comments. I do play chess! I love chess!! I"m still learning though. at yahoo, my rating is in the 1300-1400 range. I'm getting familiar with a couple openings for black and it's been a blast. let's definitely hook up!

scott: thanks for the listen and comments. Bass is a Fender P with weirdo black nylon strings going into the sansamp tri-ac using a SVT setting. but i also used a healthy amount of compression, eq, and bass harmonic enhancement. drums were just midi sounds out of sonar. I used the session drummer presets for the patterns.

Didn't mean to contradict Chris's post,I didn't see it.
Just my amature opinion.
Mabey I missed something using the VBR?

Pete

Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

sounds like what some early "Cream" jams might have sounded like... Jack Bruce, etc.

couple drum "iglies" there...

I have a Sansamp Tri A.C. I only use it for certain things.. I sometimes run it through a POD Pro just for it's emulation.. I like the distortion from the Sans, but not crazy about the cabinet emulation..

sounds pretty cool, nice playing.. I guess this is more of like a sound test ,so I won't go into detail about the clams or the drums.. nice playing, and the sound is useable for this..

I LOVE the bass sound you got on this....

the playing and tone of that fiddle is pretty damn good....very southern-fried edge to it......pretty cool for someone from Utah:D

good job....

MIKE

Back