Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all about fun isn't it?

Thanks

It's all about fun isn't it?

Sign in to disable this ad
    After weeks of trying to track pristine acoustic guitar tracks like you guys, I decided to take a break and do some sloppy, out of time, out of tune, anything-but-pristince electric guitar. I"ve also had a few requests to put up a sample of the Sansamp Tri-AC pedal. However, the mp3 process really changed the sound, so it isn't entirely accurate. Anybody know of a better encoder than the one that comes with Cool Edit Pro? Anywho, I think this would have even qualified for a 1.5!

Native Son

ps. This is an attempt at covering Sonny Landerith not only with a sansamp but sanslide.(I couldn't pull it off a slide in other words, so I just emulated a slide with my pinky and ring fingers... not the best emulation, but oh well.)
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

Thanks
    JR#97 - I can't listen to your tune just now (at work) but I recommend the Lame MP3 encoder. It's free, and as far as I'm aware is the best sounding encoder available, especially at high bit rates (160+).

Razorlame is an excellent (free) Windows front end for it too. Well worth checking out.

I use Lame with the -r3mix parameter - this sets a load of options which basically encodes at 160 VBR, and to my ear is very close to the original. Sometimes the highs suffer slightly, but other than that it's very good.

Hope this helps.

AB

Thanks

Thumbs up

Sounds good JR. In what way did the MP3 change the sound? I like the sound that ended up on the nowhere page. Especially on the psuedo-slide licks. I bet it would sound great for an Allman Bros sort of sound.
    Pretty nice playing man.....

Thanks
    For me this has an almost Irish jig feel about it. Some nice playing and got me moving first thing in the morning. Thanks JR keep having fun and posting 'em.

Gerry
    Life is a Pond

Thanks
    http://www.mp3-converter.com/mp3_converter_freeware.htm

I use the CD-DA X Tractor.. leave the default settings and just change the encoder setting to LAME..

I'll get to this tune when I get home from work..

work sux
    Last edited by B.SABBATH; 01-22-2003 at 04:58.

Thanks
    hey JR, I love the guitar tone. I bet you had lotsa fun doing this. Nothing like just turning it up and freaking. great man.

Thanks
    I like your guts putting something that you know is less than perfect in.

I remember the debate we had over expensive gear. EXCELENT! I think it got one star.

That was cool, mistakes and all.

I think more people would put songs in, if we were'nt so hung up on perfection.

I like it.

GT

Thanks
    It sounds pretty good.......for an mp3 converter, I use one that came with Musicmatch Jukebox (some program that came w/ my dell , and i think it might be free to others)....it has a pretty good, free converter

Thanks
    Originally posted by Lt. Bob
    Sounds good JR. In what way did the MP3 change the sound? I like the sound that ended up on the nowhere page. Especially on the psuedo-slide licks. I bet it would sound great for an Allman Bros sort of sound.
    Pretty nice playing man.....
    the original .wav is less grainy and has more depth. The difference is amazing.. at least to me anyways. I'm going to try the Lame encoder and see if it works any better. I might even try mixing especially for mp3... but that would be time consuming for a screw off track like this was. Who knows, maybe it will take care of my lame drum track too?

Thanks for the listen everyone!
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Hey Jr,
    ...cool stuff man. I like that main (chorus'ish) guitar riff that runs through this. .....very cool. The guit tone is cool too. The bass line kinda got buried back there, but that might be by design since you seem to be focusing on your guit. tone. Nice stuff man, im looking forward to hearing this when ya get it done.

g

Thread Information