"In The Islands" - Funk/Reggae/Electro

Overall sounds balanced, low end sounds good to me. Vocal is very lacking in presence. The lead guitar is a bit harsh I'd smooth it out a bit. I think if you make those adjustments it would be spot on.

Lots going on and I think you put a lot of work into this. Very 80s synth-pop vibe. The vocals are a little buried. The lead solo guitar is not working. It doesn't fit the song and as PDP said, very harsh. The song gets a little repetitive with the same rhythm going on and on and not much change-up. Maybe consider shortening it by 30 seconds or throwing in something to keep the listener engaged.

The mix and performance sound great.

Cool man, thanks for sharing.

Nice song. I think the vocals sound really good. The guitar that does the solo doesn't have any body. It soundsnlikenitnis high passed at too high of a frequency. I think if you give the guitar a boost at approximately 200hz to 400 hz.
Good tune!

Overall sounds balanced, low end sounds good to me. Vocal is very lacking in presence. The lead guitar is a bit harsh I'd smooth it out a bit. I think if you make those adjustments it would be spot on.

Thanks PDP, and Chilli and Jimi - The guitar solo is meant to have a kind of Brian May/Queen vibe with a kind of scooped feel which I thought sounded rad. Does it truly sound bad? I eq'd off some harshness on the guitar solo and boosted some 5k on the vocals for clarity. How does this new mix sound?

In The Islands version 2:

Mix feedback for new Electro-Reggae-Funk-Blues track : mixingmastering

Back