Island Hideaway

Brohnis

Heyy

Here's something I've recorded. Let me know your thoughts; I'm prettttty happy with it! I'm not too bothered about whether you like the song itself, but feedback on the mix is valued!!

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Island Hideaway 3.mp3
    5.3 MB · Views: 27
If your signature is accurate, then you got ripped-off if you didn't record this at home. I'm not really sure how hip-hop drums and guitar should be mixed, but I can hear both, so that's good.

Kind of a back handed compliment so thanks?

Yes recorded at home. Apparently that's very clear hah.

Any other, perhaps slightly more useful (no offense) feedback?

I think it sounds pretty good. Certainly big and full.

I think the percussion is a bit loud in relation to the instruments and voice. Also, for me, there is an excess of some high mids in the louder, more electronic sounding snare and hat thing you have going that comes and goes. I think the bass, guitars, vocals and other non-percussive sounds all work pretty well.

If it were me, I'd try bringing bringing all of the drums and cymbals down a bit and try to warm up their sound a little. Just a bit loud and harsh for me.

It is a cool arrangement with interesting additions and subtractions of various elements though. Not my kind of music necessarily (I know you don't care about that), but kept my interest regardless.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heatmiser.

I did feel that the drums were a bit dominant so that's really useful thanks.

Really appreciate the advice and compliments!

It has a cool reflective/meditative groove. I also think the arranging is pretty cool/original. The vocals dont thrill me. I'd like to hear a more natural (less effected) sound. Overall nice job. Welcome to HR.

My vocals aren't great and my room isnt treated brilliantly; hence masking the lame recording with effects etc....

I'm more pleased that you like the arrangement, that's far more important for me as a musician. So thanks for that!

Back