Island Grooves

2lim

Hey everyone, as usual I surface once in a blue moon to post a mix. My latest project is a pretty fun little island-ska band. I recorded everything in my bedroom, and I am looking for critiques of every aspect of this. Songwriting, recording, and performance. You can find the mixes at
www.myspace.com/abfband feel free to add us as a friend if you are like that lol.

Simon

April Why

April Why - I liked the tune right away... But I would pick up the tempo a bit to liven it up at the beginning. It seems a bit too slow there. Just a feel thing.

The quick part grooves along nicely...

The slowdown at the end is kinda cool too....

Instruments/drums all recorded well, come out pretty good on my PC speakers......

Very nice overall!

:D :) :D :)

Why thank you sir!

I have heard form a few people that the beginning should be fast too. I feel that it still needs something to make it "not the same" as the rest fo the song. Any ideas?

Simon

I think the concept is good - it's just a tiny bit slow for me at the beginning(feel wise). Im wondering if you used straight math on the tempo to make it a specific percentage (maybe 50 or 75%??) of the quick part - just thinking out loud....

That may work! I may have to learn to play to a clikc track then! Oh well, I will give it a go!

Simon

I liked the tune, the vox seemed a bit muddy though, might want to brighten that up some or make it more prominent. other than that it was a good listen!!!

I will boost the mids/high mids a bit on the vocals. That was my first try recording with a ribbon, I am used to using cheap condensers, so I will give her a go asap!

Simon

Back