Instrumental Metal

not too bad...you wail on guitar bro...

the only thing that's really noticeable is the fact that the rhythm guitars are playing ahead of the drums. I don't know if you overdubbed the drums, or what, but it's a little sloppy.

other than that not too bad...awaiting vox

Interesting riffing - a good structure for a song but the lead breaks, whilst fast & technically all there, leave me unmoved. I'm not into shredding obviously and I'm not saying you should go back to slow hand but there's nothing in the solo for me.
That said the riff is a good basis for a song but it needs a melody, either guitar, keys or something.
I think I can hear the rpoblem with the rhythm section but it might be the power of suggestion.

I like it! Howd you get that kick ass lead tone? I've been trying for a long time and can't get it!

blueroommusic said:
the only thing that's really noticeable is the fact that the rhythm guitars are playing ahead of the drums. I don't know if you overdubbed the drums, or what, but it's a little sloppy.
yeah, the rhythm section is dragging. I only listened to the first song

you've really got some chops, which I admire a lot but IMO to complete the package more feel is needed.

guitars sound great and the mix is balanced... nice job

myhatbroke said:
I like it! Howd you get that kick ass lead tone? I've been trying for a long time and can't get it!
I'm glad you did like it Hat,apparently 1 thinks the the guitars are ahead and another thinks they are behind??I'll assume they are both guitar players and leave it @ that.V-AMP PRO and a Jackson is all I used.

Hey LEADGTRPLAYR,
If you don't want honest appraisals and constructive crits. don't post OR put up a banner declaring that flatterers only need apply.
MP3 mixing clinic is what it is. Comments, recommendations, suggestions, impressions of the mix & contents thereof are what the territory is staked out for.

apparently 1 thinks the the guitars are ahead and another thinks they are behind??I'll assume they are both guitar players and leave it @

yes I am a guitar player, and what I was pointing out was very noticeable....maybe not to you or myhat, but it was very obvious to me...it was as if you took the whole guitar track and slid it out of time with your drums....I was just giving you honest feedback.

LEADGTRPLAYR - I listened to the BT Files Part 2 - is that the one you need feedback on?

I'm like rayc on the timing issue. I think I can hear it but very seldom.

I found the riffing was outstanding (as in previous submissions) and was the main focus/purpose of the song.

If you were to add vocals it would only make it that much better but it stands well as an instrumental as advertised.

Good mix and nice work on the guitar...

:D :) :D :)

blueroommusic said:
yes I am a guitar player, and what I was pointing out was very noticeable....maybe not to you or myhat, but it was very obvious to me...it was as if you took the whole guitar track and slid it out of time with your drums....I was just giving you honest feedback.
HONEST?Hmmm,OK.So lemme get this straight I NEVER asked to be rated by you so just by posting a song in here I'm subjected to YOUR so called/wanna be honest opinion?I posted in here for peeps to listen,if you don't have anything NICE to say then shut the fuck up.Hmmmm?NEXT!BTW........where's YOUR tunes?I could ONLY imagine....

rayc said:
Hey LEADGTRPLAYR,
If you don't want honest appraisals and constructive crits. don't post OR put up a banner declaring that flatterers only need apply.
MP3 mixing clinic is what it is. Comments, recommendations, suggestions, impressions of the mix & contents thereof are what the territory is staked out for.
Hey RAY C............yes YOU Mr. I hate everybody's tunes,In fact when is the last time you EVER said anything NICE about anyone else's song?I'm NOT here for your comments or rec's. and NO I don't want YOUR opinion especially you don't even like Metal.I can put up any kind of banner I want,So Fuck Off...You already said your not into Shredding,so keep it the fuck shut huh Mate?Oh yeah,I have already heard YOUR tunes.....Paaahleeez.........You have NO right even to point and click when it comes to ME!

uhhjeezzz,,,,

You play damn well, applys to riffing and shreds.
VERY nice tone and not a bad mix.
But you can't take critique for shit's worth, but that again compliments your nick to the core.. :D

Good stuff, I suppose, the rhythem guitar is way way too loud....(you guys not pickin up on this???)... I can appreciate your talent on the solos, but for my taste very cliche for the genere...Good clean tracks, so kudos on that...Good wah sound..

Maybe slow down a tad in your playing, or at least show some restraint and play something that grabs your heart for a few lines....just to show you can do that as well... :p

\

PS, loose that 'tude man.... ,makes you look like a fag

LEADGTRPLAYR,
I've decided to heavily edit my original response in the interests of peace. Too much anger already exists. I don't need any nor do I want to add to the sum total.
I LOVE metal - I just happen to differ in my taste to you & I acknowledged that.
As for my music: I entered this forum to learn - & for a sense of community.
On a lighter note LIGHTEN UP.

Last edited:
Jouni said:
You play damn well, applys to riffing and shreds.
VERY nice tone and not a bad mix.
But you can't take critique for shit's worth, but that again compliments your nick to the core.. :D
Hahaha....wow,you MUST know me or something.Too funny

Perdicament said:
Good stuff, I suppose, the rhythem guitar is way way too loud....(you guys not pickin up on this???)... I can appreciate your talent on the solos, but for my taste very cliche for the genere...Good clean tracks, so kudos on that...Good wah sound..

Maybe slow down a tad in your playing, or at least show some restraint and play something that grabs your heart for a few lines....just to show you can do that as well... :p

\

PS, loose that 'tude man.... ,makes you look like a fag
Makes ME look like a Fag?Yeah,you DEFINETELY do NOT know me....Other than that,Thanx for checking out my tunes.......

rayc said:
LEADGTRPLAYR,
I've decided to heavily edit my original response in the interests of peace. Too much anger already exists. I don't need any nor do I want to add to the sum total.
I LOVE metal - I just happen to differ in my taste to you & I acknowledged that.
As for my music: I entered this forum to learn - & for a sense of community.
On a lighter note LIGHTEN UP.
Ray................GO AWAY!

LEADGTRPLAYR,
You are, as the desperate need for attention in the selection of your tag/username implies, prone to proto macho masturbatory celebrations of yourself that result in fruitlessly spilling barren seed.
I still think the riff's OK - if borrowed & refried.
obligatory parting shot - I understand you real name is Dwayne & you share the surname of the lead singer from Simple Minds. (Yes, pointlessly juvenile of me but I had to stoop to your level at some stage)
I'll go away happily happy.

LGP...get over it. we didn't trash you at all...it's called constructive criticism. I was trying to make you better...and make your songs better. If you don't want to get better, then that is your choice. but I wouldn't be thinking about inking any kind of record deal with glaring rhythm errors like that. that is all.

blueroommusic said:
not too bad...you wail on guitar bro...

other than that not too bad...awaiting vox

I thought the same. The guitar work rythm was great, the lead is waaay out of my league, great. But the bass and drums seemed to fall out of pocket, unless thats what your going for?
It was if the bass and drums wasn't keeping up at times, at least keeping up with the Rythm and Lead. Its all that in-pocket, behind the pocket crap.

No offense meant, if you like it..its your art. like someone said it's c-criticism all there to help. and a lot of times there's like one or two listens, sometimes more complicated stuff requires an average listner to hear it 5 times or more to grab the "vibe".

If you want compliments...The Lead is easy to compliment, amazing. Rythm is great.
If you want some feedback...the drummer needs to drink some more coffee or maybe he's not going for the standard pop-rock radio straight 4/4?

Were you intentionally wanting some Jazzy off beat fancy stuff a caveman like me can't grab onto..like a lot of Trower and Beck, it can sound out of time too?

and you need more cowbell.... give it more cowbell. hehehe

Back