instrumental ballad, "Allan's Resolve"

I was also going to ask how you recorded your guitar. I have trouble getting a good electric guitar sound, and yours comes through great.

Good stuff. Drum playing was nice but they could have come in a little louder in the mix. That's just nit-picking though. It really sounded great.

HEY GUYS...

thanks for the interest in the song...

the rig i used for guitar, is an older Mesa Boogie, a Mark2b, 60 watt head, running thru a 1x12 closed back cab with a celestion G12C in it.

stratoncab.jpg

the rhythm guitar parts were all run direct thru my Palmer PDI-09 interface. straight to a A Designs Audio MP-1 preamp, into a dbx compressor, and straight to sound card (maudio audiophile 192)

the solo was close miced, using a audio technica 4033. using the boogie, i goosed the drive channel with a Barber Direct Drive Super Sport, and a bit of tape delay patch in the boogie effects loop, from my Yamaha DG Stomp.

the guitar is a custom build- USACG parts, bill lawrence pickups, Hipshot Contour trem
strat1lv4.jpg

drums were tracked at another studio, in the DFW area. i sent in a demo tape with drum machine, the brent learned the song and tracked along with it, he sent me his tracks back, and i re-recorded the entire track with the new live drum tracks.

bass is a Carvin LB70 thru a sansamp bass di, split thru the mesa boogie, and the 2 tracks were summed together.

Back