instrumental

cool composition.....
I would bring the arpeggiatic keys down in the mix...also bring the pads down.....this might make the arrangement a bit sparse...
I would suggest a nice fill solo string instrument such as a cello in lower register to accompany the lead melody of the keys....
a bit more percussion would be cool....I hear timpany and cymbals...

Nice man...all MIDI?...Including the bass?

Joe

thanks joro

yeah, a real cello would be way cool somewhere in the mix

all midi, I ran the audio out of my korg x3 into my soundcraft board, added some compression from my dbx, then into my delta 66

the fretless on the korg is kinda sweet, I added a bit of pitch bend as I recorded the bass line

the piano tone is actually better than most i've heard here........it sounds good........it's hard to pull off an all midi composition in my opinion, but i think you've done a convincing job of it here.........that repeating figure on the left really grew on me by the end too

Nice.... it's a great melodic song. At around 1:40, when the keys come in a bit louder, it's a little too loud. Very nice though. The opening instrument sets a nice mood right off the bat!
RF

powderfinger, the tone is fairly decent, and of course the .wav sounds better

rushfan33, a lot of the volume changes are due to the compression I used, as more voices come in others get squashed and vice-versa

thanks guys(?) ; )

I'm a sucker for melody

And this tune has got it, very melodic. How was this done? There is a constant part in the background, was that sequenced? Nice bass part and the counterpoint/repeat parts were very good. Some sort of Harpichord setting used also?

I love the bass part, very well performed. It could very easily be a skilled live bassist.

Being a New Englander, I like your choice of inspiration. The tune doesn't echo my perception of the mood in "Stopping By woods...", just a bit too upbeat. Everyone reads things differently though, so no fault. :) Well done.

Back