Thread: Input on this mix...please?

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello All,
    I'm working on this new tune and before I finish the vocals and lead inst. I would like 2 hear any thoughts you may have...anything at all that will help me make this mix better.

http://www.mediagraffiti.com/media/Mix2.mp3

Thankx for your time
    Garger

Thanks

Cool

Pretty clean for this style of music. I thought the vocals sounded over-processed and somewhat sibilant.
    I couldn't hear a bass at all.
    Likewise the low end on the drums. For that keyboard line I'd like a patch that was a little more distinct.
    Winamp's freq. analyzer is showing an abundance of highs and a very distinctly rolled-off low end.

Thanks

Thankx!

drstawl,

I tried to get the vocals to punch through abit, your right, it brought out the sibilance.
    Also the with the bass, I had some very uruly flabby notes taking up to much space, I think I pressed 'um to hard.

After working on the tune for a couple of days, I lose focus, hence the post.
    Thankx for a very solid and clear observation...brought me back down to earth.

Have a cool weekend!

Garger

Thanks
    Nice job. The bottom end is definitely lacking a bit. As far as arrangement goes I would cut your intro in half or add another guitar over it (or instrument of choice). Same thing with your bridge. A bit repetitious but i think another git on top of it would fill it out nice. Overall good song! Just some constuctive criticism. (am I even allowed to talk about the arrangement of a song in this forum? Hope so!) Keep up the good work, Garger.

Brett

Thanks
    Bantos,
    Thankx for the reply...as far as arrangement goes, once the lead vocals and lead inst. are in I think it might have a different flavour and round it off abit.

Garger

Thanks
    Yep! I'm an idiot. Sorry, didn't read your post clearly. My bad!(a little anxious too listen)

Brett

Thread Information