Indie rock song - "Right about me"

Hmmm... what program are you using to encode your MP3's? That high pitched sound is killing me!

Otherwise though, that's a really cool song. I especially enjoyed the break in the middle of it, and the vocals sound great! Drums might need to come up a slight bit. Otherwise though, I really enjoyed it!

Drums should come up a bit more. Gtr's seem a little midliss. I Like to vocal space. nice.in the hook, I would have spread the vox a bit. let that color cover the canvas a bit.

Try itunes to encode your tracks into an mp3. they have a VERY nice mp3 encoder.

It isa available for windows and Mac

Should have done somthing to that lead Gtr in the chorus's. Twist it around a bit it has really nice color that can play with your ears a little.

I Am digging your track though. Right mix will make this thing crank!!!!!

Thanks for listening

The MP3 is exported straight from nuendo, Like i said when i export the same to .wma it sounds fine. I have i-tunes but havent used it much can I convert a wma to an mp3 in that without loosing quality?

re: vocal - theres two tracks down the middle - should i spread a little L and R and not altogether sure what you mean about the lead guitar? add some effects or rerecord so it changes from chorus to chorus?

thanks for listening

cheers
johnny mac

There is one gtr line in your hooks (chorus) that sounds great, if you effected it a little (not reverb) those freq's around 700Hz or so will sound great. Something like a symphonic.

The tone of the gtrs is a liitle light in the low mids to me. Not sure how you are eq'ing them in the mix.

And yeah spread those bkg vox a little.

Expoert the file as aiff and then use itunes to convert it to mp3

Either your levels have been exceeded somewhere or the mp3 conversion is just not what it should be. The entire piece seems to be clipping the whole way through but its really apparent in the chorus when there's a lot of summation.

If you've been watching your levels and the wma sounds clean, try itunes as suggested:
In itunes, choose the Edit pulldown, Preferences. Click on the "importing" tab and next to "Import Using" choose "Mp3 Encoder". Open your wma with itunes (I think it has to be unprotected) then right click on the highlighted entry and select "Convert Selection to MP3."

It sounds like a good powerful tune! I'd like to hear more detail behind the clipping.

Marvellous, Thanks Guys the I-tunes mp3 sounds much better, will upload now. Don't know about the clipping superskyrocket, I was more concerned about that tinkle effect on the drums.

Back