Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indie Classic Rock mix for critique.

Thanks

Indie Classic Rock mix for critique.

Sign in to disable this ad
    click here

Howz it sound? Any and all mixing or tracking advice welcome.
    Be true, gentle warrior. Stay with me through the night, my fine stallion, you incredible and powerful beast.

Wild Hogan Recording

Thanks
    I like it. It reminds me of John Mayer. The guitars sound good. I would bring the vocals up a little. Drums too. Is it too long? I started to not pay attention at the half-way mark...

Thanks
    thanks man!
    Be true, gentle warrior. Stay with me through the night, my fine stallion, you incredible and powerful beast.

Wild Hogan Recording

Thanks
    yeah, I agree. I actualy think the drums sound fine, but the vocals are a little light. Good song, good mix, as far as my ears can tell

Thanks
    Sounds excellent here. No nit picks here.

Thanks
    Way too long. Mix sounds good though. like mentioned already, maybe bring the drums and vocals up a hair. Overall sounds good though.

Thanks
    do the vox sustaining out at the end sound okay? That word was originally way shorter, but I had to edit it to be about twice as long as per last minute, post tracking artist request. I don't think it sounds 100% natural, but hopefully it doesn't sound bad enough to be distracting.

Wild Hogan Recording

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIEFCASEMANX
    do the vox sustaining out at the end sound okay? That word was originally way shorter, but I had to edit it to be about twice as long as per last minute, post tracking artist request. I don't think it sounds 100% natural, but hopefully it doesn't sound bad enough to be distracting.
    Sounds good here. Can you explain how you did that? Did you just copy and paste as necessary? I can think of a couple of times when knowing how to do that would have came in handy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIEFCASEMANX
    Sounds real enough to me. How'd you do it? Time stretch?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisinFlorida
    Sounds good here. Can you explain how you did that? Did you just copy and paste as necessary? I can think of a couple of times when knowing how to do that would have came in handy.
    melodyne makes it VERY easy. It does pitch shifting but can also do quantizing and change the length of notes, it's amazing. When I stretched it out the natural vibrato of his voice sounded really, really weird and you could totally tell it was slowed down, but there are tools in melodyne for changing the amount of vibrato and correcting pitch drift that made it sound acceptable.

I don't know how I would have done it without melodyne, because there was a pretty major drift in pitch during the length of the sustained note, and when I tried to copy/paste to get it done there was an obvious jump in pitch for every pasted section. Although I don't like pitch shifting except on very specific off notes that really detract from the song, I think Melodyne is 10 times more useful than Autotune from what I've tried of that.

Wild Hogan Recording

Thread Information