Indian Indie Rock Mix Review

Birdie07

Hey guys! I'm an Indian music producer and I've recently released my new single, Travel Diaries. I was experimenting with genres and the genre of Indie Rock was quite new to me and I had a really interesting time mixing this song. Could you give the final mix the listen and tell me how it sounds? What I did wrong? What I did right?

Thank you!

hey great work. nothing to comment on mix-wise, just arrangement perhaps. great vocals and melodies. looking forward to more

Hey! Thanks man! Yeah, I know the arrangement could have been better. :3 Will try to do better next time!

i wouldn't put it in terms of better or worse, just perhaps more "familiar" to listeners. Every section was cool, but there were some places I expected/wanted it to go somewhere else at that exact moment. great vocals, by the way. liked this a lot

I agree with And, great stuff. One nitpick item would be the "hand percussion" or whatever you've got going on there. It's distracting to have a delay in the right channel. I would suggest just leaving it as one track on one side and keep it in the background.

Another nitpick is I thought it took too long to get the vocals. I almost shut it down. If it's in context of a concept album, then I can see having a long intro. But if it's a single, shorter intros are better.

Your voice is very strong during the bridge section. very nice.

Yup, I too look forward to hearing more stuff from you.

(Didn't watch much of the video, wanted to concentrate on the song.)

Another nitpick is I thought it took too long to get the vocals. I almost shut it down. If it's in context of a concept album, then I can see having a long intro. But if it's a single, shorter intros are better.

yup, arrangement stuff. it's all very good and a great vocal too. But for western audiences, you can consider more of a "get to the chase" arrangement. we're lazy, most of us. :) however, i'd still respect the decision to keep it as you see fit. it's your song, and your vision.

Yeah. Now that I listen to the song again, I do think I went a bit overboard with my arrangements. I shall try to get to the point quicker the next time around. Thank you, Dear sirs for all your kind words and thoughts. I'm pretty sure they'll help me immensely during my next project! :D

Yup. I see what you mean. Again, Thank-you for sharing your honest and constructive thoughts! They shall help me immensely in my future productions! And thank you for your kind words too! :D Looking forward to posting more here! :D

im always obsessing about my gear being set up as good as i can get it ... the effect you used in the intro sounded like my gear was fooked ... i don't like fooked gear ... or the sound of it, so i listened to the 1st 20 seconds and turned it off ..

the rest of it was probably very nice ... :)

Hey! Really sorry about that man. :/ What effect are you talking about? Any idea about what I could have done that caused this?

im always obsessing about my gear being set up as good as i can get it ... the effect you used in the intro sounded like my gear was fooked ... i don't like fooked gear ... or the sound of it, so i listened to the 1st 20 seconds and turned it off ..

the rest of it was probably very nice ... :)

Hey! Really sorry about that man. :/ What effect are you talking about? Any idea about what I could have done that caused this?

---------- Update ----------

Seriously amazing! Great work.

Hey! Thanks man! :D

---------- Update ----------

Hey! Great song buddy. I liked it..
Cheers

Thanks man! :D

its the effect in the intro synth,the reverse out of time popping,sounds soo unnatural to my ear .. it sounds similar to an amp thats had lots of abuse when you put a too loud signal into it n breaking up .. all random like but without the distortion ...

don't be sorry,you liked it or would not use it .. i posted just to make you aware that effect choices can affect a listener ... i also turn off films that are filmed from a phone camera perspective (like Cloverfield) ...

some people class stuff as "ground breaking" .. while others call it noob and unprofessional (i personally think Cloverfield was the biggest pile of w*nk since blair witch .. but it coulda been great!) .. another film effect i turn off is when its filmed to dammed dark .. cos i really wanna sit there and look at ... well i dunno cos i cant make it out (yip,im a grumpy old git :D )

i listened the next day again to give the effect the benefit of the doubt ... and again before making this post ... my comment still stands,i hate that effect ..

its recorded well,quality is great,but again i turned it off quickly,but only cos of that one effect choice

Back