Improvising Assessment

cmhansen

Been trying to work on my improvisation on the electric lately. It sounds half way decent to the acoustic guitar player in me, but I really don't listen to this kind of music and was wondering what some of you great guitarist around here think of this. Is it any good or am I just a wannabe piker?

Playing a Telecaster through a Digitech RP 200 into a Delta 66 Omni via insert cable. I know the patch I'm using doesn't really sound to great but I'm afraid this pedal doesn't seem to like me. I do intend to record over again when I get the pedal to like me and to add a rhythm part that I didn't put in.

'Departure'

Thanks for any listens and insights.

Great stuff cmh, Lots of good ideas there. Well recorded and mixed. Technique-wise you're getting close. I would recommend that you practice your scales against a metronome or electronic drummer to help iron out some unevenness in your runs. Other than that, well done with a tone that's easy to listen to.

chazba

Good sounds with the gtr blended w/synths. Just needs a bit more rhythmic/metric articulation in the ensemble I think. Gtr could come out front a little more.

Thanks for the listens and constructive insights. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for trying Danny.

Chazba - I'm rather notorious for not using metronome, drummers, etc., etc.. But I can see your point. Guess I should really start trying to work with one or the other. I do have the other rhythm picking part to put in yet, so I may be able to follow that while improvising. Thanks.

Tim - I think once I get the rhythm guitar part in I think it will even things out a little. It's actually the same patch but without the stack simulation. I'll take a look at the lead and try to pop it out a little more tonight after I get done writing the next piece I started after this one.

Tried to listen to your new piece last night but I don't have the new quicktime release yet. I look last night but it doesn't seem to have a Windows 98 download. Guess I'll have to upgrade this sad old box soon.

Thanks to everybody who listened.

Back