Immigrant Song - Zep Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
I can't sing as high or as well as Robert Plant and so I hired chip Monk and the Nut Crackers to sit in on this recoding of the classic Led Zeppelin tune, Immigrant song.

I had to bail Chip out of re-hab for this project but his voice is still right on the money.

Enjoy
Immigrant song

chip_viking.jpg

Attachments

• chip_viking.jpeg
    chip_viking.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 66
First of all, besides the chipmunk voice being rather comedic, it's way too loud. Also, it's not the right beat, but it's close. Guitar sounds good.

Just a suggestion:

you are bombarding the mp3 clinic with songs. It would be better if you kinda spread around your participation in others threads too. You will get more feedback, too many songs on one page.

Yes, taking the time to listen and comment on others' music will probably get you more responses in your thread. Give and take, baby.

I just have a ton of stuff to share, nothing wrong with that.
Some people will find enjoyment in some of it and some will not.

Plenty of people pass on my stuff without any comment and I understand that it's not very interesting to most people.

I have listened to some stuff, like DK's stuff which is very good, some of it anyway.

It's hard for me to comment on stuff that I don't like. It's better to say nothing than to hurt someone's feelings.

I can't listen to death metal, screaming vocals, rap or all the dual recftifier crowd same ole singing about my girlfriend and relationship stuff so I stay out of it.

I really am not into songs with vocals unless the singer is good enough to be the featured instrument. Anything less is not very interesting to me but I'll give it a go at your request. :)

EL34 said:
Nobody said there was anything wrong with it. But maybe people are passing your threads because they see you flooding the Clinic with your songs and not giving a little back. It shouldn't be that hard to grasp. Anyway, good luck with "Chip" and the rest of the comedy show. Hope you get the feedback you're looking for. :)

Ok, Rami, I just did partial listens to several of your tunes.

Your guitar tone is kind of buzzy and not very organic,
I can hear amp buzz in the background on some of them.

It really is hard for me to finish tunes with vocals and this is no exception.

Don't take it the wrong way but I didn't hear anything that flipped my switch.
It's just my wacked out sense of what I like and don't like.

Someone out there will appreciate it I am sure. to each his own I say.

:)

EL34 said:

Plenty of people pass on my stuff without any comment and I understand that it's not very interesting to most people.

I have listened to some stuff, like DK's stuff which is very good, some of it anyway.

It's hard for me to comment on stuff that I don't like. It's better to say nothing than to hurt someone's feelings.

I can't listen to death metal, screaming vocals, rap or all the dual recftifier crowd same ole singing about my girlfriend and relationship stuff so I stay out of it.

I really am not into songs with vocals unless the singer is good enough to be the featured instrument. Anything less is not very interesting to me but I'll give it a go at your request. :)

Ok here some honesty for you, I once did a Cover of the same tune with the infamous Snakedog.

And seriously I think you need to rehearse some more.

I listened to your attempt and I gave up after a few minutes, maybe you entered it as a joke, my sense of humor wasent very receptive.

But seriously Join in on others tracks, ask questions learn.
and critisisme can go two way negative and positive, try emphesizing on the positives. :mad:

I`m having a hard time doing it now, for that I`m sorry ;)

Uh, it was a joke. :confused:

I have posted this on a couple other forums before that I visit everyday. They got it right off the bat.

It was not a serious effort. Why would someone spend that much time on a song that features a chipmunk with a viking helmet and a Strat? :rolleyes:

Ever hear the band that does Led Zep covers in an Ethel Merman voice?

Lighten up a bit, you will have more fun.

It was funny, but it would be funnier if you had taken the instumentation and the mix a little more seriously.
1. The hi hat part is wrong and way too loud.
2. The drums are too quiet
3. The vocal is waaaaaaay too loud
4. The bass line isn't doing the walk in the B part

Most of that is nit picking, but the vocal needs to come way down.

I threw it together in an hour or so a while back as a joke.

It wasn't created for this forum, I have my own forum for my business and another one, I did it for the guys there who are little more easy going and light hearted.

I thought I would throw it out here too, big mistake I guess. :confused:

It's not anything I am going to continue to work on, I have a ton of other projects and a full dance card as they say. :)

The reason you're getting these kinds of responses is because this forum is for constructively criticizing other people's songs, be it the music itself or the production quality (or both). When a joke song is posted, you're going to get the criticism, whether or not you wanted it.

Hey just forget about would you.

This is a hobby, this is home recording not pro recording.

Most the guys here seem fine but I'm not sure why several people around here are so uptight?

Believe me, there is nothing serious about 90% of the music being made here, it's supposed to be fun so just relax will ya?

EL34 said:
Hey just forget about would you.

This is a hobby, this is home recording not pro recording.

Most the guys here seem fine but I'm not sure why several people around here are so uptight?

Believe me, there is nothing serious about 90% of the music being made here, it's supposed to be fun so just relax will ya?
Fine tune, and good fun. Don't take ANYTHING too seriously round here. Comments are made to help, without consideration as to not working on the tune anymore. All is meant in having a good time. Use the knowledge later on, and have fun with whatever transpires.....All is good.

Thanks, you're right there Dogman but I need to contact the ADMIN and get them to delete this thread.
It's causing several people too much grief.
Who's da thunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back