Imagine - John Lennon cover

Sorry man. Can't listen. I love the Beatles and I like John Lennon. But I'm just not able to listen to this tune. I can't. I just can't.

I'll check out your next one. :)

Sorry man. Can't listen. I love the Beatles and I like John Lennon. But I'm just not able to listen to this tune. I can't. I just can't.

I'll check out your next one. :)

No worries, bud. If someone did a cover of Free Bird, I'd feel the same.

:)

Sounds nice. Piano sounds good, vocals sit nice. The only thing that caught my attention was the little walk down before the last verse around 2:11. Not sure why it sounds different to me…. but it did ! Great job !

Nice job. It is always tough playing something like this for people. It evokes such emotion in many. It sounded good.

Sounds nice. Piano sounds good, vocals sit nice. The only thing that caught my attention was the little walk down before the last verse around 2:11. Not sure why it sounds different to me…. but it did ! Great job !

Thanks Chambie. I'm not sure why it sounded different either. :)

---------- Update ----------

Nice job. It is always tough playing something like this for people. It evokes such emotion in many. It sounded good.

Thanks mspin. It is a powerful piece.

OK, I cheated....too curious. It definitely sounds good, and I'm glad you didn't try to sound like Lennon with the vocals and the slap-back, etc....

Your version is a lot slower, though, which makes it drag a lot, especially since you don't have other instruments coming in like the original. The part that Chambie's talking about IS different. You're doing a descending thing with your left hand. There should be something climbing, either on the right hand, or both hands, but it's definitely not the same.

OK, I cheated....too curious. It definitely sounds good, and I'm glad you didn't try to sound like Lennon with the vocals and the slap-back, etc....

Your version is a lot slower, though, which makes it drag a lot, especially since you don't have other instruments coming in like the original. The part that Chambie's talking about IS different. You're doing a descending thing with your left hand. There should be something climbing, either on the right hand, or both hands, but it's definitely not the same.

Ah ... that is correct. I thought he was talking about the vocal. I just play the piece slightly different. Lennon didn't play the bass third "step ups" I employ either ... but they're more subtle.

Really credible job k-dub. I thought the tone of the piano was very good...really well recorded. The vocal was well recorded too. Your performances were good too. I'm also glad you didn't try to mimic Johns vocal on this. It's alot better doing your own thing on it.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Really credible job k-dub. I thought the tone of the piano was very good...really well recorded. The vocal was well recorded too. Your performances were good too. I'm also glad you didn't try to mimic Johns vocal on this. It's alot better doing your own thing on it.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks Jimi! I tried to remain respectful to the original, but still "play it my way". :)

Back