I'm Losering (posting on a Friday night)

This is really good. I like your stuff a lot.

Your vocals sound great. I like how you had them more buried in "hold on to your roots"(which I still listen to) - but hey, others will probably say they're not loud enough. I feel like I can really here the compressor on the vocals when the instruments drop out. If that's in fact what I'm hearing, you might want to lighten that up a little there.

Other than that awesome!

Staying home on Friday night is cool.:cool:

Really nice to listen too. I like how you got all the voice of the guitar into the mic. ITs really thick, up close and natural. The vocal is smooth and big. I enjoyed.

bass is awesome ...
great (again) vocals...on a few notes when your pushin up i can hear you waver a bit but i like that sound....:D
i hear back ups on this ....man do that!!!....add some back ups...on the chorus...the chord progression is really cool...i dont however like that bluesy guitar thing....just no tme but it sounds fine in this...i just wouldnt have used it ...and what with all my huge success well you can see where my "taste" has gotten me..lmao...

cool
jamal

hey don't feel bad. i just woke up on the couch and realized i fell asleep watching 'the little mermaid' on friday night.

the fidelity and levels on this sound better but i'm hearing a crackling when you sing. kind of like a wire is loose or something. maybe it's the encoding? maybe it's me?

A , nice. Everything. Nice. And I love the little guitar sound with slide. Do I hear a mandolin? Great vox. Great tune.

Yet Another superior post. Im getting a complex here;) :( :)
where are the amatuers like me posting lately???

I really liked those bends on the guitar, done perfectly IMHO
real nice mix. Id like to hear more of your stuff, I listened to the others as well.
And its Saturday night!!!

Hmmmmm

Peace
Bill

Your vocals are the best thing about this tune.You have a really good voice.I like the slide stuff......the rhythm guitars sound out of tune a little.....those open string chords will reveal the least little bit of tuning problems.....other than that it's nice laid back listener friendly tune.

i like the big ambient sound you got out of the slide guitars....sometimes it's hard to tell if the "wall of sound" back there are vocals or guitar parts....very cool effect.

i've heard good cd's done with much worse quality...do you play out a lot?

nice work. i actually kinda dig the slight tuning issues here and there....just makes it seem a little trippy.

fprod - Yeah I think the comp might be too much too, I'll lighten it up.

Tok - Thanks for the "guitars are big and up front" compliment. I've tried to highlight that as a signature part of my sound.

Jamal and Erich - I think I may need to retrack the vocals. Jamal you're right in that I think I do waiver when I push it up. Erich - You're right in that I hear crackling too. I think it's lip movements during the recording, get cha every time don't they? I think I need to retrack for the better.

DTB - yup, there's mando in there.

Bill - amateurs, come on man your stuff's better than mine.

Kramer - I think what you may be hearing is the second of the 2nd slide guitar. There's a lead slide which you hear sporidically and a rhthym slide in the back drop. I think this rhthym slide may be where you hear the pitch go whacky. Does this sound right?

Wes - wall of sound - yes - that is a compliment. I made a lot of the guitar and vocal parts light and in the background. Wall of sound is what I was goin for. Play out? - occassionally, when I've been drinking heh he and then you're liable to see the worst cover of ZZ Top "shap dressed man" around.

Ah, nothing cures the hangover of an uneventful weekend like sneaking away to the mixing clinic for a few minutes at work on Monday ... right? Thanks again.

A

Like just about everyone else mentioned, you have a very resonant, expressive voice. Very good singing. Nice song - pretty melody. I like all the guitar parts - they work off of each other very well.

I was wondering if anyone else heard an out of tune guit. Finally got to Kramer's post. I noticed a string or two are whacked a bit on the steel that's panned to the right.

But that's about it on an otherwise real good job.

Back