Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm just an old guy trying to have fun with my humble home studio.....

Thanks

I'm just an old guy trying to have fun with my humble home studio.....

Sign in to disable this ad
    This is my first posting. I know it's not professional but I'll never learn to do it better if you don't tell me what's wrong. I'd really appreciate your comments/critique.

thanks,

rpe

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=3909&alid=-1

Thanks
    Hey, great stuff. I really liked the song.
    The only thing I noticed is the guitar sounds somewhat bass heavy. Might tweak the EQ a bit. I'm not an expert on guitar micing, but it sounds like things generally were done as they should have been. What mic/equipment did you use? What kind of mic placement on the guitars?

Thanks

Smile

Good guitar work! Sounds sweet on my setup. I take it that's an overdub, unless you have 3 hands . The recording sounds clran and crisp, not sure if you need the drum stick sound? I thought that towards the end the lead got louder, overpowering the background a bit, but that's just personal preference. Let's hear more.

Thanks
    that was pretty good, definately a melodic feel to it. My suggestion would be to remove that drumstick as previously mentioned, it's not needed. Also there is a bit of a hiss, which you can noticely mostly at the end. If you were extremely picky you may have to re record and find out what is causing it, or you could try noise reduction. I don't notice it in the song at all though so not a big deal.
    www.sanijav.com
    www.myspace.com/sanijav

Thanks
    Thank you all very much for taking the time to listen! and I appreciate your comments.

rpe

Phyl Guest
    Ditto on the hiss and drum stick (so that's what it was!).

Great acoustic performance. very tasteful.

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll lose the drum stick but I'm not hearing the hiss for some reason.

rpe

Thanks
    From one 'old guy' having fun to another;
    Very nice.
    I'm really enjoying some of the simple home grown music around lately (finally just got the baud rate up ).
    There has always been something quietly wonderful about the sound of wood, clean strings, open space...
    Thank you
    wayne
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    Yes. The sound of metal and wood (and a fret buzz or 2...lol). Yummy stuff. Nice feel and vibe. I am also a member of the drumstick and hiss club. Great effort. Keep posting stuff! ---Lee
    Having children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

Thanks
    Wow, that was an enjoyable song.... pretty good mixing too... your certainly on the right track and know what your doing.

You hear a couple occasional bad guitar strums (I counted only 4)during the song.... where you can hear the string got plucked a little wierd; a little too hard, wrong angle, or a little off-time....

Might want to cut down on that reverb or sustain...you've got a lot of nice 'ambiance' going on in that song... the song carries itself well without the need for excessive reverb.

-------------------

Stereo imaging could be more creative....

Seems to be lacking in higher frequencies.... bring the EQ up a bit around the high-mids to low-highs.... Just my personal taste.... but I like to hear a little extra definition in the mids... I think alot of people cut the highs down or dont raise them up enough so as to "soften" the overall sound...

Could use more thought as to what stuff goes in the background.... your the producer... so I'm just nitpicking now...

I was thinking you could replace that repetitive stick banging percussive sound in the background with like.... an actual cymbal (properly gated of course... or at least tapped extremely lightly and consistently). The cymbal would add something to the high range which I thought was missing...
    Last edited by Industrial; 04-15-2004 at 10:33.

Thread Information