I'm Gonna get free!

wjgypsy

Hi guys. Here's my latest recording. It's "Get Free" by the vines. I played all the instruments. here's how i recorded it.

The guitars was recorded with a pod and then into a art tbs pre--compresser---eq---recorder.

the bass was recorded the sameway only, i did not use the pod. :)

The drums was recorded with 4 mics. 2 603's for overheads, 57 for snare and a beta 52 for kick. the singal chane was like this: kick/snare--compressers--eq--recorder.

overheads---art tbs pre---recorder

the vocals suck. (i'm going to re-cut them soon) and it was the first time that i every tryed singing hardcore vocals. bottom line: overlook the vocals please. i know they suck ;)

I would really like any ideas on how to make it sound better and other stuff.

Hope you like it.

"Get Free" www.nowhereradio.com/zeke/singles

ZEKE
"I will make your hair turn gray!"

Zeke my young friend, my hair is already grey. I'll check you tonight when I get home.:cool:

Cool music. Lot's of yelling :). A few forced rhymes, but all in all it was pretty cool.

I thought the guitars sounded terrific. The vocals were a bit back in the mix and sounded a bit muffled. Some of the performance was a bit loose.

Lot's of energy though, which is always good.

And my hair's not gray yet... So there :D:D:D

Good Job.

zeke......it sounds good........

if i could suggest anything, it would be to start micing an amp rather than the pod...........micing an amp might give them a little more dynamics and make them a little less harsh........

drums sound pretty awesome

Thanks man. I do mic the amp for some of my stuff. i just wanted to see how good the amp sim on the pod was and i was pretty amased.

Glad you liked the drums!

zeke

Not bad at all. Drums are pretty cool. Bass was a little light. I like the guitars. Almost had an old Black Sabbath sound to the guitar. Good job yougblood.:cool:

How come Nowhere Radio is so unpredictable? I can't get the song to work and I noticed that it was not downloadable.. Dang, sorry ZEKE can't comment..

do you mean that it won't play or it won't download onto your hard drive? If your not a registered user at NW then you can't download the song. only registered uses can.

zeke

yeah

man I think this s*it roxx; and the vocal is pretty cool - dunno why u bother! sometimes at work I need this agressive stuff hehe! btw - the hihats are crashin too loud..
dwnloaded it on my mp3playa!
cool

Rockin cover Zeke.What are you talking about the vocals are not good?:eek:The vocals are good man. Cool back up vocal work work too.I agree about the guitar.I believe it would sound better miked but i know the deal on that.LOL..I use pods and other stuff just to get a different sound every now and then........good mix man.The drums sound good too.......good job my fellow Fostex fan.;)

Last edited:
I had to rate this one. 5 stars dude, it ended to soon.

Edit:
ack! just read it's a cover :). Still, sounded awesome, great energy, I think the band would be proud.

hey, you're covering my favourite band! :)

I know their whole CD like the back of my hand so as soon as its finished downloading i will give you a fans honest opinion!

Btw, its not "hardcore"

some minor timing issues at the beginning i think you just put an extra beat at the start..........
Hey, nice guitar sound! what did you select on the POD?? Craig uses a fender strat into a big marshall amp. Did you change the cabinet size? (can you on a pod?)

Drums sound good - did you play??

Vocals arent bad either, can i give you a hint? (take it or leave it)
When singing vines harder songs (not many) try to say the sentences phonetically and lazily.

for eg, I'll take your photo for you
...........eyeltakyafotafarya!

and so on . still good though.

lead guitar sounds good.

I reckon if you have another go at the vox you could get it sounding really nice - RELAX everything when you're doing the yells - it gotta FLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWW..

great work - thanks for posting

y

P.S. I might do a cover of this song too soon - so you can pick on mine then!

If i can remember, i think that i was using the "Insane" model and the cab was just the default cab. But you can change the cab on the pod if you want. you have 16 cabs that include cabs made by vox, marshall, fender and mesa boogie ( i think :confused: ). Yes, i did play the drums. :cool:

glad you liked it.

zeke

ZEKE SAYER said:
do you mean that it won't play or it won't download onto your hard drive? If your not a registered user at NW then you can't download the song. only registered uses can.

zeke

I didn't know I had to be signed in to listen to music.. Ok will do.. Hold on.

Nice clean sounding recording.. Drums are awsome.. Great job! The bass could have come up a little but that is all..

Great job...

I still couldn't stream the song, I had to download...

Sounds Great!

ZEKE SAYER said:

zeke

Zeke,
You can enable downloads for ALL users in your Artist Admin area and that will take care of that.

Man this song smokes. I like it. Lots of energy. Im not familiar with the vines, but I like the song.I thought the gtr sounded good. Its hard to tell these days if its a pod or cab. I like to mix em. Miced cab and pod. The drums were great. Man I need a real drummer.
Myx

Back