I'll try again. first song up

Very impressive! A very nicely done song for your first one? I'm guessing it's not your first one, maybe the first you've posted here....I think it's mixed very well. I'm others will have some more detailed reviews....but it sounds very nice. IF i can say one thing....i'm not to crazy about the sounds of the cymbols from you your drum machine. The lyrics and back up vocals are very nice and clean. A great job!!
Jason

I'd give it some stars if I knew how to?!

I like this song and mix a lot. The only real glaring thing, as Jason pointed out, is the cymbals. In particular, the hi-hat (to my ears at least). The drums definately sound better in the verses when they're not as forward.

Reminds me of Springsteen + Pearl Jam's "Long Road". I like it :)

travis

PS - Jason - Right above the "submit reply" button, there's a "rate this thread" option. Or when you're not replying, it's on the bottom right corner of the screen.

nice vocal sound.. good song.. the cymbals hit strange.. maybe less would be better.. too much china.. the highhat doesn't sound like part of the kit.. wasn't crazy about that direct sounding guitar, but it sat well when everything else came in.. nice song! good vocals..

elephant!!!!!!!!

Thats quite a good song you have there.
The vocal carries you away:)
Other than the drums, the mix is sweet,
Good vocal and instruments played well.
Glad I found this one:)

Thanks for the great song:D

Hey man,
Glad you got things worked out at NoWhere....

The vox is great...vox harmonies are awesome...
the drums could come forward in the mix...I ain't gonna nit the cymbals because they sound a hell of a lot better than mine...

Bass could come up in the mix.....but I must be bass deficient in my ears because everyone says that my bass lines are too hot...
so...never mind :D

The tone of your Fender is very cool...clean electric...I like it man...

Musically..I thought the intro was too long.
Once you got to the 1:47 or so.... on the upbeat man...I was hooked...
but it took quite a while to get there...ya know?

Really good song man...
I am saving this one to my HD...

Take it easy man,
Joe

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to comment.

I'm going to be recording with prop'heads "reason", so hopfully the drums will sound better in the future (there's no way I could get a drummer in my apt.)

joro, about the intro, sometimes when I listen, I do "look" for the vox to start earlier, and other times it sounds fine the way it is

good point

Nice song and mix. Nice arrangement with some well thought out effects. Good vocal work.

Just fix thos drums. :) Mainly just better samples.

Nice work.

Nice song. Those cymbals are a litte annoying indeed. Maybe if you didn't pan them to one side as much they wouldn't be that bad. I like the way it ends too.

Ooh, I like this alot

Good sound(OK, you've taken a beating on the cymbals already).
I have nothing else to get picky on. I think you should be proud of this one.

good stuff

i liked the changes in energy throughout that track. the wooing was a great addition i thought.

that crash cymbol really bugged me- i'm less opposed to fake sounding drums since i like a lot of electronic music and hiphop.

i also felt a little tripped up by the last sigh sample that sort of overlaps with the lead vocal. it sort of stuck out as an engineered thing to me without retaining the humanistic feel that the lead vocal has. ditto some of the overdub stuff (not the wooing, but some of the wordy parts where there's more than one of you).

i thought the ideas behind all of the composing and arranging were strong and again i like how classically it developed.

Might be my ears

or you fixed what others were talking about but I heard no distracting cymbol problem. I liked the song. Had a positive vibe musically, I need to listen to the lyrics again to see what you are saying. Clean recording. Thanks for posting the tune

I like this. Some fine writing, especially when the full arrangement kicks in. My only nitpik may be the sound of the cymbals, but the drum programming on this was good and effective.

There may have been some intonation problems but I didn't think they were that distracting. I think your vocal really fit this tune very well and you did some creative things with that b.g. vocal.

Very nice job! I like this a lot!

:D

Back