If you are bored, feel free to have a listen

warning: i think the bass is a little muddy, it's hurting note definition. also, the main guitar panned slightly left.. it's causing some balance issues since there's not much happening on the right.

maybe i'm just deafer on my right than i am on my left, it's a distinct possibility.

lovely: i like the kick sample, it's definitely fitting. again, might want to clean up the bass track to match the crisp kickdrum. maybe doubletrack the guitars and pan left/right, or perhaps some sort of counterpoint rhythm, arpeggio picking, etc.. since it seems that the bass is the only instrument doing any sort of creative flair parts.

i'd really like to hear them both when the vocals are done, since that's what really makes a pop-punk song. honestly, take away the vocals from a ramones song and i probably couldn't tell you what song it was... pop punk is kinda like that.

thanks, yeah i just realized that I had the guitar panned left, don't know how that slipped by me.

I still haven't gotten the hang of recording bass. I may need to change out my strings because I've noticed a consistent muddiness on a few of my recordings. For both of these bass parts I plugged straight into the recording unit, so that's probably a big part of why the sound isn't as clear. I'll record the bass through my amp sometime in the next few days and see if that helps.

Both songs will be having at least one more guitar part added, but I don't want to steal our other guitarist's thunder and record his parts for him, thats just not right :P.

and thanks again for taking a listen!

Nice sounds. How did you do the guitar on Warning? I really like this sound. Other than what shiatzu has already brought up, nice sounds.
Ed

Yes, don't want to repeat what has already been said. Aside from the too-panned guitar, everything's pretty cool. Of course vocals make or break a song, but so far so good.

Warning - That part at 1:00 is killer man! Nice. Personally (on these headphones anyway) I think the rhythm electric is a tad too loud and the drums a tad too soft. Some good potential here for rocking. About the bass, my bass guitar sucks and is king at muddiness. What I do everytime is lower the 200-400hz frequency to remove the mud.

Lovely - Yeah no kidding about the social distortion comment. Nice guitar sound on both tracks. I can hear a lead part in here really adding to the song... look forward to hearing the final versions. Cheers.

Cool chunka-chunka guitar there. At :49 might sound good with a little less verb on the gtr.

Tim

A solid rock tune with good sounding guitars! Let us know when you get those vocals done.

keep on rocking

Riku

thanks for the feeback

Rami-I agree with you on the vocals being make or break. I'm really looking forward to getting together with the singer this coming weekend so we can structure the songs.

SnakeDog5050-thanks for the advice about the bass, trying to figure out how to clean it up has been hurting my head, and I'll take your suggestion and see what I can do with the EQ to remove the muddiness.

Timothy Lawler-I've thought about doing a track with a little less delay on that part, just to A/B it and see which I like better. Your suggestion has confirmed that I need to do just that. Thanks dude!

Riku-thanks,glad you dug the tunes

Thanks to everyone for listening, and for giving your advice. I have learned so much from the people here that sometimes my head hurts from the info absorbed, but it's all very much appreciated.

Wild Stallions Rule!!!!

Back