if anyone is interested...

Jacobi1211

well, here's my bands myspace account...

www.myspace.com/blackletterdayband

I'm 19 now, but all of these except the (non-acoustic) version of "hide and seek", i recorded in my bedroom about a year ago. the song called "2 semesters" i did about 3 years ago, WAY before i knew anything about what i was doing really... anyway, i do all the instruments except drums, and i sing and write the songs. let me know what you think. i'm currently working on some recordings of my band with my firepod and Cubase. needless to say, i didn't have either of these when i recorded these songs... i just used Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 2, and a couple cheap audio technica DR-140's. (this is the biggest cause for the lack of clarity on acoustic guitar!!!) anyway, i'll post some more stuff when i have it done!!! thanks a lot all!!!

oh ya, in "to tell you the truth..." the flute i'm playing i bought in Cancun for $3 on my senior class trip!!! hehe

Jacob

if anyone has the time, please let me know what you think... i could use some criticism, and i trust that you all will do the job right!!! hehe

Jacob

I'm listening to "hide and seek" I think it sounds pretty good. The guitar parts are pretty well played. I think if I had one criticism it would be that not everything sounds completely in tune. I also think I might not pan the rhythm guitar as much later on, or maybe have another rhythm something panned to the right as well. Vocal sound is pretty good...

i didn't listen to much of the other stuff, but it obviously needs more work than the newer one

The recording on the vocals sounds wrong, like a cheap mic was used or something. I don't know exactly what to say other than it just sounds off. The music sounds very clear and well recorded, and the vocals just sound out of place being at a different recording quality. The singing is very good for that style of music, as far as I can tell. It isn't really my style but it sounds good!

Personally, I would never use the myspace music player. They compress everything waaay too much. If you can get your own webspace (it's not that expensive these days, $60 or so for 20 GB/month for a year), you can host your own files and stream them like I did on my profile:

http://www.myspace.com/johndowis

ya, myspace player is goofy, but it's the easiest way to connect with out fans... and you're right, we do need to just get a site... i just don't know shit about the web. and yes, good ears!!! the vocals were done on a AT-DR140, which is just a cheap dynamic mic... but that's all i had at the time. they do sound out of place, definitely not it the same room!!! haha.

I really kind of wanted the ryhthm guitar to sound distant and hard panned. i think i more or less just love experimenting, and sometimes that has nothing to do with a realistic "live performance" sound.

there are a few problems with tuning. stupid on my part... but what i did was record the guitar parts on the fly, and i liked them, so i kept them even though they had some issues. thanks sooo much fellas!!!

thanks very much for the criticism.

Jacob

Back