I'd take cover...here comes the "Tweek"...

Well you pushed two of my buttons at once!
Ding. Ding.
I like way off in a different direction.
And I hate tweakers. So I'd like to see all the lyrics written out. From what I could understand, we have the same opinion of tweakers. (except for how to spell the word)

"I can be your master
I can be your slave."

"People think I'm lonely
they'd be really surprised."

"I play my games
way inside of your head."

Those are some monster synth sounds.

Here's hoping this is the next top 40 hit.
Have you checked out Jittering Jim's
"Your drugs are as bad as mine" yet?

Wait a minute, weren't you the guy who was asking how to use some pychoacustic software thingamajig to plant subliminal suggestions in our brain....must buy this song must buy must buy...where was I, oh yes great tune but the ending could use some Twee...... :D

Really did like it. Top 40 it is.

Layth

I listened expecting this song to be about speed freaks...round here we call 'em tweakers...this is another keeper for me...I'm gonna run out of HD space....tasty playing/singing/mixing as usual.....must have more caffeine now....gibs

drstawl

Well...I don't know about top 40! It's a little too wacked out no?

Anyway...Tweek came from a concept of an annoying person.
One that gets under your skin(the fisrt verse anyway)...one that
has the "tinker with" mentality...but just never really gets there...but it's the attitude that gets ya. Better than thou. The the second verse goes into my hate for politics...Politicians Are the Biggest Bunch of frikkin Tweeks I know. How bout that Congressman from Cal that ran over that little kid in DC? Hear abou that? Lyrics:

I'm a little nasty
I'm a little naive
I can be your master or
I can be your slave

People think I'm lonely
They'd be really surprised
If I hypnotize them
They just won't realize

Cause I'm a Tweek...(chorus)

I play my games way inside of your head
I begin, I begin

Let's just walk thru the madness
With that look in our eyes
We'll see all of the glory
And mankinds sure demise

Some words can be poison
Politicians tell lies
I'm just taking on water
The liquid fluids up to my eyes.

I'm A Tweek...

I was aiming for some really thick background
on this...not necessarily musical (melodic) but thick rhythmic stuff...churning...

Yes I did listen to Jim's piece on the other thread...I checked in on the thread too when it was close to it first being posted..

Thanx agin for the listen. :)

Layth

Haha...you mean I'm pullig the ultimate Tweek
tactic?!?! :D Thanks...

gibs

Howdy gibs...well I guess my meaning is a slight deviation from these here parts...but it seems to be that some of the "attitude" would certainly be fit the bill. :) Caffeine??? Coffee fan like me? Love the stuff....Black black black...speaking of which!! Thanks for the listen gibs...

Later everybody...

[This message has been edited by Ric (edited 05-07-2000).]

Hey Ric,

Nice work once again!!

I really liked the lead part. Was that you on the Alembic doubleneck that Dave got you?

Lay off the Helium, and do some Jonny Cash once in awhile.

Great stuff, keep it coming!!

That Congressman ain't alone. Slick Willy Brown mowed down a pedestrian in his Jag just a few years back. I'm surprised the kid who got his foot nailed was so forgiving.
I guess it's a regional thing, but tweakers are speed freaks. Mostly the ones that smoke it or shoot it, but plenty of the rest of them as well. The master/slave thing connects with tweakers in that the master is the connect and the slave is the poor slob who needs a bumpski to just stay awake. That nasty/naive thing also applies as tweakers are pretty nasty looking/smelling and they're naive about the condition of their liver or their brain.
Thanks for the lyrics.
And it does churn!

Emeric
Thanks dood...always appreciate the input!

GT

Oh man!! You had me in tears over here-cracking up big time- OK..How's this..<clear throat>...I hear the train a comin'... COUGH...HACK... ahem...sorry..just can't get that deep!! :)

drstawl

I got a big steel toed work boot for that Congressman...why do these guys feel they are above the law??? I don't get it...not only that, are these folks even human??..Anyways...now that you've defined "tweaker", I get where you comin from...in more ways than one...I used to be one...long time ago now, but one just the same...the lyrics do fit...maybe it was a unintentional subliminal reference to myself!! hehhee...man...thanx for the input Doc...'preciate it. -ric

Ric, you have the wildest voice (in a good way) - I think you're higher than "Geddy", no? In listening to a lot of your stuff, I was just wondering if I'm detecting an accent? I can't place it. Good job by the way. Another great song!

Shit...I missed this F&%*er!! Sorry Teddie...DOH!!!

Hmmmm...higher in a sense I get my high notes
similar to Jon Anderson...natural pitch. Geddy in his day (he no longer can get the high notes of his early days) would go into
"scream" mode to get his highs. Which is more than likely why he is unable to get those notes now.

JA still hits the notes he did in his early days...that's inspirational. Hope I can retain mine too!!

Accent??? Well...unless you consider the New England accent detectable!!!

Hehehe....well...I hope you check back in on this thread....it's hard to keep track sometimes :o

PS...you put me on yer radio station???
Not to be nosey...you wouldn't happen to be self employed would ya???

K....ric out.

That's okay, Ric... hehe.

I agree with you on the Jon Anderson thing. You know who sounds alot like Geddy to me? Charles Thomas (he's a new guy on the BBS). He's got a song called "Dragging Your Anchor", and he hits some very Geddy-esque notes in that song.

Accent - I must be getting thrown off by the graphic/image you have on your mp3.com page, with the Asian folks - sorry. I thought it was a slight Asian accent. Weird, eh? Mind-set by visual suggestion...

Yeah, I put you on my radio station http://mp3.com/stations/teka because you were nice enough to put me on yours. You're high on my list of cool people. Anyway, yes, I've got a side business which is a Web-Dev company called TeKa WebDESiGNS http://www.tekawebdesigns.com The "Te" is for Teddie and "Ka" is for my wife Kathy. It's just a side business for extra income along with my regular daytime job for a corporate big-wiggly company doing Java Development. And then there's my music stuff... er... I have no time to even take a dump around here. :) I'm trying to spend more time with my wife and kids too, that's important.

Warning: Just my $0.02.

There's something Howard Jones meets ... ahhhgghh... who was that guy who did "Rokkit"? ... about this. It's got a "Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride", early 80's fun vibe to it.

Very cool synth and vocal work.

A couple suggestions. I would mix the hi-hat up higher in the verses. Also, while I understand the sparse use of snare to provide contrast in the chorus, I'd put either a different snare or a strong kick drum in the verses to provide more drive. This is a dance single waiting to happen if you could put in something to keep the beat moving during the verses the way it does during the choruses.

A very eccentric guitar solo. :P

Fun stuff. And fun stuff is on its way back in.

CT

Warning: Just my $0.02.

There's something Howard Jones meets ... ahhhgghh... who was that guy who did "Rokkit"? ... about this. It's got a "Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride", early 80's fun vibe to it.

Very cool synth and vocal work.

A couple suggestions. I would mix the hi-hat up higher in the verses. Also, while I understand the sparse use of snare to provide contrast in the chorus, I'd put either a different snare or a strong kick drum in the verses to provide more drive. This is a dance single waiting to happen if you could put in something to keep the beat moving during the verses the way it does during the choruses.

A very eccentric guitar solo. :P

Fun stuff. And fun stuff is on its way back in.

CT

Teddie..

thanks for the radio link :)
I did check out CT...the sparse produced...
I have to fully listen to "Dragging Your Anchor", I listened for the first few and I
knew he had it down. I immedialtely heard the Rush similarities in both his voice and instrument tones and arrangement...talented dood.

So..your completely immersed in the computer world eh?? Both work and pleasure! :D Hard to get away fron these darn machines...and I can relate to the "no dump time" too! I like being self employed cause it does give me more time for my family. It's high on my list of priorities. Uhhh...high on your list of cool people!!! Sheesh...that sounds like an amazing compliment. :o I'm turning red over here...<blush> Well...not to tit for tat, but you forged your way into my small circle of the best net artists I've heard...sincerely.

Hey Charles! thanks for the two cents!! Rokkit?? Was that the instrumental thing by Herbie Hancock?? My kid brother said the same thing on the tune wanting a bass drum during the verses...I'll probably do that...it will give it more drive. This tune was more of a whimsical thing...just threw it together real quick without really fully thinking it out....thanks for the comments and suggestions...much appreciated.
I'm gonna fully listen to "...Anchor" too...
Initally, I'm very impressed by your sound...
I think I did check in on one of your threads, the one where a few were mentioning they like to hear you fully produced or something...

Thanks guys...later.

Ric, I would like to be self-employed without the regular job. Right now I'm self-employed with a regular job so it comes out to about 16 hours a day... Although, since I'm the boss of my self-employed job... oh god... here comes a plug... g'dangit... http://www.tekawebdesigns.com ahem.. since I'm the boss of my self-employed job, I'll take a weekend off here and there to take dumps all day long to make up for the dumps I did not take during the week. What in the world got us on this subject?... bet it was my fault :)

Back