I'd love some opinions on my music

Hardcore

I know I don't post here often, but I do check out tunes now and then and respect what everyone's doing and their opions. But anyway, I finished my album and really want opions on how I can do it better next time (songwriting, arrangement and production). I don't really expect many responses a I haven't been a regualar on this board (I've been stuck in VSPlanet land which hasn't done much for me lately but don't tell them that ;) ) But I'd really like opinions from people who really don't know who the hell I am and aren't afraid to give me a straight answer. But anyway, here's the link. If you feel so inclined leave some feedback. I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.nathanholly.com/mp3links.htm

Thanks much,

Nathan

Welcome sir. I listened to Am I Dreaming. On the intro, it's too long. Not enough interesting things going on to hold my attention for almost a minute and a half before the vocal kicks in. Also, for the guitars during this part, maybe try different guitars and/or diferent amps for the over dubs rather than the same guitar "voice" for some texture and interest. Drums need to come up in the mix. Good programming on them by the way. Vocal, well, the intonation is a liitle weak. I'd like to think, given some editing, Autotune and a remix, I could make it shine. Not a bad tune overall.

Yeah for the intro as far as the guitar voicing goes I know exactly what you're talking about. The deal there was that I recorded the overdub part and came back to finish the song a month later and really liked what I had down and didn't want to change it. I tried playing around with different sounds for the rythm part, but I just couldn't get it to sound right so I just went with what I did and tried my best to seperate with eqing.

Thanks a lot for the comments.

Back