I wrote a love song

The lyrics at the beginning are a little bit hard to understand. They seem to be a little bit buried in the mix. Once the song gets going the lyrics are much easier to understand. I am listening to this through my Toshiba television set. The composition and the orchestrations are very very nice.

Thanks for having a listen... I am singing low and quiet at the beginning so there's more impact later in the song

It was very hard to mix to be honest.

I really like the orchestration and instrumentation as well. It sounds very pleasing and soothing...The low vocals in the beginning sounded like they could be punchier (they also sounded somewhat unmixed). Once the high vocals come, everything seems to fall back in place. Nice song!

The mix sounds pretty good. No nits stuck out there on a first listen. (Yeah, the vocal is pretty buried initially, but I'd accept that as a stylistic choice)

I like the build.

The one thing I'd change initially is to add more variety to the vocal melody at the start. It gets a little repetitive.

The vocals are kind of blurried in the beggining, but actually reminded me of Elliot Smith for a while. Dont think it sounds bad at all and the orchestration was really nicely done. The end sounds a little bit like there is a lot going on (but just my opinion, ok?) What mic have you used on the vocals?

Hi, Dave,

I want to hear your song; but I cannot make it play on that SoundClud system. Perhaps you can help me find and play it with some explicit step-by-step KEYBOARD-ONLY INSTRUCTIONS, assuming that I am sitting in your post about the song. What do I do TOTALLY WITHOUT A MOUSE in order to play the song (I have an account on Soundcloud). I emphasize some things in uppercase because so many sighted people immediately grab the mouse and try to "mouse me" to the place; but blind people do not use a mouse.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing your song.

Hi,

I have no idea. How have you listened to things in the past? Is there something I can do that you know has worked previously?

Really good song and arrangement. If I heard it, I wouldn't turn it off.

But, I do hear an arrangement problem (IMO). Which I'm going to try and explain, and probably fail miserably at. So, someone who understands my gibberish, might want to translate using musical terms.

I'm going to use the words "riffs" because everything seems to be a specific riff. So, you start with guitar riff, and when that cycles you add the piano riff. When that cycles you bring in the cello (or whatever instrument that is) and that cycles, and you continue doing that till it breaks.

There's no countering parts. Because they all enter and just add to the cycle. The cycle is GREAT, it really is. It just needs one instrument feeding off the other, instead of just adding to the other.

I hope this makes sense. Just so you know, I do the same thing. Only now, because I know I do it, I force myself to change. It doesn't always work.

Back