I Want To Tell People How To Post

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
ok...I consider this an emergency. I truely think if nowhereradio shuts down, this place will take a major kick in the balls. We all know nowhereradio has the fastest upload/posting time around..etc, etc, etc...Waldo response time, etc, etc....

I am proposing to BOYCOTT reviewing any thread that is NOT from a paying nowhereradio member. "Ok...so mixmkr won't review my stuff (and with a typical bs mixmkr review:rolleyes: ..big friggin deal)."

BUT....if "WE" think this is a decent proposal, it could have a drastic effect of getting people to sign up. Maybe Waldo can make things easier without the Paypal (I mean..I've sent $15 thru the mail in cards, etc...[grandkids:rolleyes:])...or whatever works. Possibly many musician types are too lazy or don't want to get involved with Paypal. That kinda was my case.

Possibly, only 20 people will sign up for a measly 600 bucks total.

Possibly this is a really stupid idea and I am willing to retract if some points are brought up to the opposite.

I also see potential problems from overseas contributers...(maybe)...

But..THIS IS JUST AN INITIAL IDEA that hopefully might pan out.

any other thoughts?

I also see no problems helping Waldo "advertise" at other sites too...

and..I don't see it being a problem making this policy known around here either..

what about people with their own websites...you ask..."I don't have that answer yet":confused:

I would kinda wonder if something like that would piss off dragon, as Waldo mentioned in the other post....... but if not, its sounds like a great idea. I have a feeling that a very large percentage of the folks that post in here on a very regular basis are paying members anyway.... and for those that arent...... .....spit up a twenty damnit. :D

....now if you wanna make this fun, lets get a poll on just who is and isnt a paying member..... .....McCarthy'ism at its finist...flush out the pinkos. For the record, I am a NWR Card carrying American.......

I'm with you - I'm a card carryin' NWR member - and I'm a pinko too so I just love a good boycott. I don't even remember what grapes taste like.

And on the NWR site it says to email Waldo if you want to pay by check.

You're on point mxmkr! I will aso contribute what ever measly $$$
I have, bu at the same time, I'm trying to secure some kind of
corp-backing or grant thru my Co to help offset his costs.
I prev'ly gave him an unofficial, headz-up about fiscal help thru Corp grants/donations etc. via e-mail a few weeks back.
I'm still trying to procur such for NoWhere as well as HomeRecording.

..............but in the mean time while I'm trying to achieve a most difficult task in obtaining financial assistance, why don't we just make it simple and start a PLEDGE DRIVE right now!!!!

º.-|i]Originally posted by MISTERQCUE [/i]
..............but in the mean time while I'm trying to achieve a most difficult task in obtaining financial assistance, why don't we just make it simple and start a PLEDGE DRIVE right now!!!! [/QUOTE]

I'm in. I sent in $50 when I heard. Least we can do is make it easier to Waldo. He's been good to us. I listen to NWR downloads more than anything else these days.

Holy fucking crap.

Forcing people to use services in a certain manner, what a crock. This is the whole reason that everybody hated MP3.COM and the other shit sites. If payment for his service was required, then Waldo himself would simply require it.

Nothing will happen to this site if nowhere goes away. It would be sad for sure, but this forum was plenty active prior to nowhere and would be after nowhere. In fact, nowhere has been so damn slow for so long now that I've personally listened to fewer songs because of it. That's not a dig on waldo, it's just the nature of things.

Of course I would encourage people to support nowhere if they CHOOSE.

I personally have been using MP3.COM's B2B service for over a year now for $5 a month and it works flawlessly and streams never fail. I recommend that as well.

After that you have companies like phpaudiohosting.com and webmasters.com where for under $10 a month you'll get a ton of space to use for your web AND audio. I recommend them as well.

I do think that if people are serious about getting their music heard they should definately think about forking over some money to someone....but to be forced to donate money or be "boycotted?"

I swear that if I see anyone harassing anyone on this board because they haven't paid for their FREE nowhere radio account, I will report them to dragon and let him sort it out. I guarantee that won't be pleasant. If I were waldo I'd be a little ticked as well....it's those free acounts that build serious traffic.

Slackmaster 2000

I'll have to agree with slack here, although I'm slightly flattered. I created NWR as an OPTION to extreme commercializm, where instead of funding major label competitors, you could promote yourself and others with like minds.

OPTION is the key word, I don't think anyone should be forced into anything. It is, after all, why I hate microschlop so much, and why I hate the major industry! (Force fed music!)

There will be some major changes on NWR coming soon, it's grown way beyond my ability to fund it myself (if you remember I wanted to keep it 100% free from the beginning).

I'll keep swinging at the coroporate assholes regardless, if the old server goes down, then NWR will simply disappear until I can find enough money for the new servers.

I'm no tyrant, no massive brainwashing corp., and I don't want to be seen that way. Let people make up their own minds please.

W.

Raising support for Waldo and his website is one thing, the idea of 'boycotting' users who are either not paying or not on nowhereradio is ... lame. That's Waldo's decision whether people have to pay or not. The service he offers is an excellent one, give support, but by freewill, or not.

As Slack said, "Forcing people to use services in a certain manner, what a crock. This is the whole reason that everybody hated MP3.COM and the other shit sites."

This idea does not fly well with me either. It's the internet, sink or swim. It's hard enough writing, recording and uploading a song without worrying about whether it will be 'boycotted' once you finally get it out there.

Holy Crap.

mixmkr said:

Possibly this is a really stupid idea and I am willing to retract if some points are brought up to the opposite.

you have some excellent points Slack, and the free traffic, well...obviously I hadn't thought of that either. Boycott IS a harsh word..

Therefore, consider this idea DEAD.
Sorry Waldo.

yeah..after reading Slacks and Emerics and Waldo's post... that WAS a lame idea...

I'll just stick to shit ass reviews!:eek:

oh well...at least you can't SEE how embarressed I am ;)

Sorry to react in such a harsh tone there. I honestly was mad when I wrote it. I meant what I said but I should have tried harder to discuss things like an adult.

Slackmaster 2000

Slackmaster2K said:
I meant what I said but I should have tried harder to discuss things like an adult.

Slackmaster 2000

and that's possible if we're both musicians?

no...good points there. I like to "think off the top of my head" sometimes...as probably observed...but I wanted to "try" and do something.

How about we send Waldo our soiled underware instead, and he can sell them. Kinda like the 'used panty' thing...

well screw the boycott...but I was shocked to hear there's only 30 paying members. A membership or pledge drive, like Mr. Q suggested is a more positive way to encourage people to pay for NWR. .

fprod south said:
well screw the boycott...but I was shocked to hear there's only 30 paying members. A membership or pledge drive, like Mr. Q suggested is a more positive way to encourage people to pay for NWR. .

Make that 31 by the end of this weekend. I've ment to for a few weeks now....just haven't gotten around to it.

And yeah, a boycott is a bad idea...but that ground has been covered :D:D

I will be signing up as well....been off work for medical reasons for the past few days, but I will also contribute as soon as I get another full paycheck. Thanks Waldo!! I just started using you, but it's really a good place.

"I am proposing to BOYCOTT reviewing any thread that is NOT from a paying nowhereradio member."

I think that's chickenshit. Encourage people, embarrass them, bully them even (learn from Bush), sure. But boycotting's chickenshit. People have a right to pay for something or not. And of course, mixmkr, you have a right to boycott anybody you want to boycott. But making it a policy? A general approach that you're recommending to everyone? Rubbish.

How do you spend your weekends - hunting witches and beating up gays? :D

Back