I thinks it's a wrap.

Dude, easily one the best productions I've heard in here. No nits from me. Everything sounds just right. Really nice guitar tones, subtle keys, just enough bass, fantastic vocals. Excellent job bro.

Thanks Greg. I had fun doing it. It's a song my buddy sang and played guitar on. After it was done I had our drummer come in an put real drums on it. I pulled duty on the backups, bass and string section.
I have finally got to the point I am happy with my drum recordings! that's a big milestone for me.

Anyways thanks again.

F.S.

Last edited:
Hey F.S this is excellent... the song, recording, mood... really enjoy it :)
You have my vote for calling it a wrap...
really good job, everything about it ;)

Thanks alot SnakeDog.
The song grows on ya;)

I got to give props to BigBubba for suggesting letting the bass & drums carrie the song. I likely would have got there, but he pushed it along.
Sometimes these songs like this one that get sat on the shelf for a month between adding parts,,,,,,, well you can loose direction / vision.

F.S.

Thanks alot SnakeDog.
The song grows on ya;)

I got to give props to BigBubba for suggesting letting the bass & drums carrie the song. I likely would have got there, but he pushed it along.
Sometimes these songs like this one that get sat on the shelf for a month between adding parts,,,,,,, well you can loose direction / vision.

F.S.

You flatter me! :o

Dude, this song is really cool. :) It has come a long way. It sounds really really nice. My vote for wrap also.

The leads throughout are really nice. Around 2:43 the lead is jammin'.

This tune is so cool and dreamy. The lead guitars doing licks between verses is really cool.

Great! I personally would bring up the side-stick just a hair. But everything else is nice and full. Sounds awesome. Nice song, too.

You flatter me! :o

Dude, this song is really cool. :) It has come a long way. It sounds really really nice. My vote for wrap also.

The leads throughout are really nice. Around 2:43 the lead is jammin'.

This tune is so cool and dreamy. The lead guitars doing licks between verses is really cool.

Hey I speak the truth;)

Nice vocals on this.....good mix. Cool tune man....:cool:

THanks Dogman!

Great! I personally would bring up the side-stick just a hair. But everything else is nice and full. Sounds awesome. Nice song, too.

Thanks Rami. Ya I have toyed with the snare some on this. With the buss compression some times it really pops but, most of the time it's pretty mild. Sort of went for a happy medium.

Thank you all for the comments. I'll have to send a link of this thread to my buddy.

F.S.

Nice melodies, and smooth tempo that flows like a slow river. You've got a real nice piece here. Good mix and generally good balance too although one thing I'd look at for the benefit of headphone listeners is pulling in the open hihat that appears periodically way over on the left just a little closer to the middle. Otherwiswe it's done, cool tune

Nice melodies, and smooth tempo that flows like a slow river. You've got a real nice piece here. Good mix and generally good balance too although one thing I'd look at for the benefit of headphone listeners is pulling in the open hihat that appears periodically way over on the left just a little closer to the middle. Otherwiswe it's done, cool tune

Thanks bullshit. I think you're right. That mike is also pulling the snare to the left too because of the bleed. I could probably just about center that track and let the over heads provide the panning. I'll have to look where I have it set now.

Good Catch!

F.S.

Don't turn up the sidestick too much - they can get really brittle and piercing (I know I have a mix I need to redo haha). Another vote for done on this one. Your processing - compression and effects - really shines. It's all blending together nicely into one "round wound mound of sound" as we used to call it.... :cool:

Thanks Ido1957.

Ya I'm pretty happy with the side stick as is. I would have rather the drummer had a wooden snare that I could have got a bit warmer sound out of maybe. Seeings how it is what it is, I think the level is acceptable. I am going to make one minor tweek though so I will listen to it again.
Busy buying stuff for the studio right now:D Got a AT-4031 and some matched Mullard tubes for my new mpa gold showing up any day!
Can't waite. Gonna have to track some accoustic guitar when they get here:) It's better than Christmas round here.

Hell the wife offered to let me sell her sport quad to buy more stuff this morning!! :eek: Love that woman!

Thanks again:)

F.S.

Quads are death machines, music equipment is way better and safer! Ever hear of someone dying while playing guitar? :D

Well we have 3 more besides.

Well I have cracked a rib or two on my sport quad. As far as the guitar goes it depends on whos hands it's in. Pete Townsend or instance. It's a stretch but, he could have bled to death.

F.S.

Listening to a stream - This is cool - sounds like an organic version of something that would've been on Leonard Cohen's I'm Your Man LP. It has that sort of classic progression & build in the melody.
The bass and drums are key to this & I like the way the bass almost goes subsonic like a deep synth.
I'll be back to download this tomorrow night.
Don't knoew if I like the fade out of the string line - I'd rather it be the bass fading.
Terrific job of capturing this frood dood.

Back