I suck

I liked just about everything about it. If I had one gripe, it would be the snare pitched so high...but in the song context VS the intro, it was much better.

I love the guitar case for the monitor shelf!!!

I thought it was kinda like Swedish Klingon.

on a side note... my parents a long time ago hosted a Swedish guy for a summer at their house. One of those exchange programs... way back in the 1960's. Anyway...Mr. Swede played guitar and he was the one that got me hooked on wanting to play. Additionally, he became lifelong friends with my family and we kept in touch for a long time. My parents even went to visit him a couple times. BUT!!!! one Christmas, we got a card from them, and their (developed)teenage daughter in the family picture was topless as they all stood at the ocean for a family pose. It was a GREAT card. My mom got a big kick out of it too and showed it to everyone...

that's all...

I don't think this is ska or punk. But it is cool. It has kind of an off the wall feel. I love the tribal sounding chants. And the guitar hook is really catchy. I agree with Sluice, it has a Mr.Bungle type of feel.

Damn, that hook is really catchy. It's still stuck in my head. Nice work!:D

You suck?

If you suck, then I want to suck, too! Enough with this "rockin" and "kickin", I gotta start "suckin"!

Seriously, that is a cool, cool song! Does Quentin Tarantino know about you? I love the impact in the electric parts, then a good abrupt, yet smooth, transition to the Spanish acoustic parts.

Kind of like getting beaten to death by a renegade Mariachi band. :D

Add to all this the fact that you got a full, rich mix, and it's all good.

Feel free to "suck" any time... oh, and remember to post the results on the board, okay? ;)

P.S. - He's watching you...

P.P.S. - I added this to my mp3 collection. :)

You most definitely do not suck man,

Really cool composition here. You got really good definition for recording all of the instruments at once. Nice transition into the meter change... ...smoove. I enjoyed this..... ....cool stuff!
g

I have no excuse for naming the thread "I Suck", well.. I was drunk.. I'm very happy with the results, and saying I suck is just plain stupid.

OK...

jimistone: thx for listening. the snare.. well.. I blame the soft hitting drummer.. ;)

WATYF and Khompewtur: thx for listening..

mixmkr: nice story there.. :) We have the best boobs!

Dethska: thx man :)

Roel: Depends on what I'm sucking...

HomeRec: I don't think QT knows about us... :) I'll post when all the other songs are up. thank for listening.

Guernica: Thanks.. glad you liked it...

Thanks all for listening.. I wish I could come up with something smart to write, but I think I'll just go buy some smokes instead...

thanks again.

Not your father's rock band!

Whoa! This is way "outside the box!" Took me a couple listens to get the feel - I've got too much straight-laced country stuff in my head - needed clearing!! I can't find a thing to critique on the mix - damned well-polished if you ask me. Really refreshing to hear something so different from the 'usual' stuff I listen to every day. Awesome vibe - excellent playing - cool head space!!
~Milan

You're the only one I know doing Klesmer Punk.

Nice job on the tune, the performance and the recording.

It ain't klezmer. Easily mistaken for klezmer, though. Ever listened to people from Israel and Egypt talking? Easily mistaken.

They resent you pointing it out, though.

This ... is ... fascinating

A little of that gypsy violin ... in just a few measures might be a nice touch.

Good mix, I like the 'arbatach' hook split wide left and right, it's very difficult to use that technique effectively, and I'm seeing here that it needs to be a really aggressive part. The hard right and left panning needs to be a dominant part ... I'm thinking, in order for it to be 'valid' ... in order for that part to 'deserve' a hard right and left panning, (doubling).

Now tell me ... does the fella doing that 'arbatach' hook ... does he stoop over when he walks about ? ... and have a very thick, low, brow, with big, bushy eyebrows ... does he wear ... furs ... and have really, big, square teeth :D :D :D

When he 'goes clubbing' ... do little seals run ...

This was cool, thanks for sharing.

Back