I Still Think About You

Sounds pretty good. Guitars sound great. The snare seems a little too roomy, but up front. I know that doesnt make sense, but its like it's distant, but loud. It comes in kinda hard. The ending is kinda weird too. It just stops at a weird spot. Maybe thats how you want it. Good playing though. Mix xounds pretty good overall to me.

Greg, thanks for listening. I was thinking the same thing about the snare also. I am going to fix the ending also. I thinks I just got lazy toward the end of the mix.

Hey T,
I really liked the song.
The snare bugged me too.
The tonality was too bright with a smallish room verb which places it really close to front and center of the soundstage..
Perhaps turning down the highs or a larger verb would push it back, but it sounds out of place stage wise to the rest of the mix.

I really like your vocals.
I wish I had someone with that kind of voice to record!

Tom

STILL think about you-

really nice acoustic tones.
nice capture.

this melody sounds too familar, and derivitive...
it's very well done, great blending of bass, guitars, and backup vox..
but it sounds like a song that's been done a hundred different ways, by a hundred different folk.

dig the drum sounds..
i don't mind the snare at all.
it DOES stand out a bit... but i've listened to a lot of 'classic' stuff lately, and it seems that on certain vocal driven tunes like this one, they favored the hotter snare mix..
it's one of those judegement calles, where you can either try to make it sound like 'everything else' that's current- mix wise, or just put it where you really dig it..

love the strat-y solo tones. is that your line6 amp?

good choice of dirty rhythm against the clean acoustics...
the end got chopped, when i heard it..

what new gear are you using?
the vox and guitars sound crispy clean

tmix, thanks for the listen. That is how I felt about the snare the first time I heard it on a system other than my monitors. But the more I listened the more I liked. Thanks for the comment on the vocals. It's nice to hear that.

Gonzo, thanks for the feedback. Yep, the tunes sounds like a lot of other tunes, but it works. I may revamp it a little bit.

The new gear I am using. The electic guitar is a new Telecaster through my boss GT-6. I mic'd the acoustic with a new rode tube mic that my friend let me barrow, and then sang through the same mic. I think it's called a K2 or something. I may buy one, I liked it on my voice. Oh and I almost forgot. I bought a bass over the weekend. It has active pickups in it. Sounds a little more booming with more low end than the other bass I was using.

Rich

Dude, this is a cool song. :)

I'd listen to it if it was on the radio. The mix sounds good.

I dig the snare. The solo is rockin' fore shore. It has nice blues tones :).

The jump from acoustic to full band is too big for my ears - it could've been staged over a cou0ple of bars or a verse.
Could you edit out Google? Brand name checking - even something as ubiquitous as a search engine often devalues the work. "I looked for you with my DELL Dimension..." etc may attract some support form the Co. but it's unlikely.
The bass does need some redefinition - roll off some bottom end & a 3kh tweak perhaps?
Snare is a bit out of place as has been mentioned. The solo is cool but I'm not sure I like where it's been panned to.
Good work!

I LMAO when you said "I just googled your name again"

from that point on I took the song as a complete joke

tele... i didn't mean to insult you, I just happened to find that opening line funny and usually the first 10 or so seconds give me a vibe of the song, your right i did not listen to the complete track but I am now, opinions will follow shortly

..........Listening, bobbing head drastically (with an open mind)..............

i like the seperation
i dislike the voice of the vocalist
it also sounds to me that the vocalists is trying to cram too many words into the chorus, perhaps taking the ba-bay out the chorus would liven it up a bit
and the song has way too much high end in it, perhaps compressing about 4500k and above would help a bit

the end needs to be cut

I have been a lurker for a few weeks not wanting to post as I am just getting into the whole home recording business. I just wanted to say that this is one of the best tunes I have heard posted on here.

Good Job Richie

Your Bro,

Zabadabado

Yeah, I don't know about the Google line. It kind of steals away the nostalgia of the rest of the lyrics. 30 yrs ago you would have said "thumbing through the phonebook" and it would have worked. Eh, maybe a younger set of ears would appreciate the google reference.

Snare sits well to me. It adds definition and consistency. Good vocals!!. Fix the ending and I'd like to listen to this song on the radio.

Love it! very melodic
I can kind of hear what people are saying about the snare but I think it fits in with the song quite well. The solo sits beautifully in the mix, as do the backing vocals.

Zabadabado, thanks for listening! Nice name btw.

Chili, the reviews on the google line have been mixed. Some people like it and some don't. It may make the song sound dated in a few years, who knows. thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback.

CGBMike, Thanks for listening. the more I listen to it, I am not sure I have a problem with the snare. I think it is just a matter of taste, and most of us around here have petty critical ears when it comes to listening to audio and music. I have to give thanks to one of my friends who let me borrow one of his mics to record the vocal and acoustic guitar. It ended up sounding quite nice.

DAZE/Bisch

Back