I Need Your Lovin

Gerry,
I was mid way through telling my missus how unreal your songs sound after mastering & she stopped to say, "Hey, they were brilliant before they were mastered."
I can't argue with that - but mastering adds an edge that makes the diamond cut even better.
This is a cool job. Your remix plus the stem mastering really bring out different aspects.
PI - your drumming is poifekt for this one.
Mike - that ricky growl & the patented hammil lines are spot on.
Gerry - this has a little Brit Invasion vibe going on amongst other things.
Terrific result all 'round.
Oh, & I am a Jan Fan, unashamedly.

Thanks guys! Mike (mjhamil) suggested I have this one mastered. I added the backup vocals just before mastering - as recommended by my daughter who is my produsah (in the truck on the way to school). :D:D:D:D

Thanks guys! Mike (mjhamil) suggested I have this one mastered. I added the backup vocals just before mastering - as recommended by my daughter who is my produsah (in the truck on the way to school). :D:D:D:D

Thank heavens for her! I love the background harmonies! I'm tellin' ya - I want a signed copy as soon as it hits the press, dude. Lemme know where to send the check.

I guess it's too late to fix/change anything, since it's been mastered already, but I'd say the drums weren't ready for mastering. Their levels are good, but they're toneless and small compared to the rest of the mix. The rest sounds great.

I dig it! Jason, your playing was exceptional on this man! Guitars and vocals sound dead-on for the style. Great back-ups too. Sounds like Jan's got some magic master dust goin on too. :D

Holy shit! Ido sounds like Clapton!
Nice recording and great performances from everyone....If I had to nit pick it would be on the bass.....seems a little low in the mix...everything ekse is awesome....very cool.

joro - just wondering is the guitar or vocals like Clapton :D ??
Jason - once I have a CD I'll let you know. :D
Greg - sorry too late this one is indeed done. :D You may have to wait for the cool remix that happens on the 10th anniversary :cool:
Brad - thanks man ! :D

I was referring to the vox.....the guitar is good too but you sure sound like Clapton to me.

Awesome....vintage Gerry Steele!
Sounds beautiful and it's a great song with a great hookline.

Very cool ido, I hear a nice 60's era jangle in the guitar that suits the song very well-but with a modern sound. Nice production and performances from all involved.

You write such nice upbeat tunes-wish I had that gift, mine are dark and moody....:(

Wow, sounds amazing!
I'd have to agree with Greg_L about the drums, the tone stands out - next to the perfection of everything else.

Overall great tune.

Yeah the vocals do remind me of Clapton.

Sounds great guys -

so did you guys do this remotely? Like sent each other the tracks? Thats freakin awesome.

Back