I.L.T.S. reprise – less bass means MO BASS! ** fix

barefoot

barefootsound.com
Hi all,

I was trying and trying get a deep powerful bass sound in I.L.T.S. by, well, adding more deep bass obviously!…. to no avail. Finally I realized that all the power actually lays in the midbass and beyond – duhhh.

So I turned down the deep bass tracks significantly, brought up the rest of the mix and presto!….. more power!….. more bass!

Have a listen. Now I think I.L.T.S. sounds like a real mix. :cool:
http://www.nowhereradio.com/barefoot/singles

….. and while you're there check out my latest work in progress Evil Obsession.

Thanks!

barefoot

ps – props to participant for pointing out the problem with my previous post.;)

I remember this song. it pops up with "New and Improved!" on it every once in a while. :D And it always is better.

Evil Obsession....yes yes yes.....I like this a lot! A very good groove.....good drum sounds......I like the arabic sounding vocal thing........very cool.

Nice. Hard-driving straight-a-head flow! Fx sat in the mix just right! Recording was tight!

Superb!

Good stuff barefoot. I.L.T.S is very trancey and I'm diggin' the rhythms in Evil Obsession. I just love all the cool panning. Great job :D

Lt. Bob said:
I remember this song. it pops up with "New and Improved!" on it every once in a while. :D And it always is better.
Evil Obsession....yes yes yes.....I like this a lot! A very good groove.....good drum sounds......I like the arabic sounding vocal thing........very cool.
Thanks Lt. Bob!

Yes this is my 3rd and FINAL posting of this song. The first was basically just drums and bass. The second had most of the final elements, but the mix was way off. Now I think I’ve got it and I can call this one done……. well…. not quite. Now some DJ friends want me to make an extended mix and variations for them to spin. So it's back to work.:rolleyes: But, I guess I really have no right to complain if my music is in demand! :D

MrQCUE, Barometer,

Thanks a lot! Glad you dug the grooves.:D

I'll probably post an official Evil Obsession thread in a few weeks when it's hopefully completed. Should only take one thread this time, now that I have a better feel for this whole mixing thing.;)

barefoot

Out Of My Element

Wanted to let you know that I listened, and it sounds great on headphones. ("I.L.T.S."). This is pretty far afield from what I do, so I'll leave it at "nice job."

Thanks,
Chris

You know Barefoot, i really like your music. Its really good. I don't know thats all i can say hehe =). Maybe i'll think of something more creative later...

great use of space on both songs. great verbs... The music is a tad repetive, AND too aggressive to be good "mood" music for me. A little mellower stuff, it'd be on a CD on my night table boombox.
The sonic quality is nice. What reverbs are you using?

Thanks for the listen Chris.:)

Toad Rush,
No profundities necessary.;) Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like!

mixmkr,
I'm happy to have my effort recognized. I spent a lot of time trying to create different kinds space in this mix to support the thematic changes.

I primarily use Waves TrueVerb and Timeworks 4080L. I like the sense of location and liveliness TrueVerb can give, but the tails are grainy. The 4080L is extremely smooth and has beautiful tails, but it sometime sounds too abstract and clinical. So often times I'll fade out TrueVerb just as it's tailing off and then fade in a 4080L tail. I also occasionally use TC Native. I used all three for various effects in I.L.T.S.

Thanks!

barefoot

Back