i have finished this song......

kylosius

I Like Rusty Spoons
lyrically that is. this is just a rough demo i recorded trying to work everything out mixing wise. when i first did it i thought this was the best thing i recorded. that was back in june. anyway, i just wanna know little things. if you wanna nitpick, go ahead, oh i know the vocals will get comments, so have fun. its a short song in this form. this is only the chorus. anyway, it was recorded with a
sm 58 for vocals
sm 58 for guitar (windscreen was off so maybe that counts as an sm57)
cheap little casio keyboard
epiphone les paul
fender stage 100 amp
cool edit 2.0
and a yamaha 4 track as mixer.

find it AT www.nowhereradio.com/emopunker its in the singles section named Come On

hey

don't really know what kind of comments you want so ill just tell you whatever i think.

you listed "none" in your similar artists box, but i reckon you sound pretty much 90s punk, very green day. in fact, when the intro came along, the first thing came to mind was "no pride".

and man, you're right about the vocals. they are pretty bad, even for punk. i mean, pretty much all of it is out of tune.

i don't really know what other "little things" you want to know or how you want us to help you. sorry :(

It sounds like you guys are having fun. That's a good first step. I like the groove and the feel of the song, but here are some things I noticed.

The guitar playing needs more definition. It's muddy. That is, use the lower part of your palm to mute the strings once in a while and you'll get a cool chh-chh rhythm going. Also, sing from the gut, not the throat. Move away from the mic and sing louder to get that angst-ridden sound.

Keep having fun.

G

how would i go about learning how to sing from the gut and not the throat?

Don't take this as the almighty word, but this is what I've picked up over the years. (And feel free, anyone, to correct or add anything to this. God knows I'm no expert.) :o

1. Stand up (you may be already) -- it helps the air move better.
2. Practice really pushing the air from your lungs, using your
diaphragm -- the muscle below your lungs -- and not through tightening up your chest or throat. Take in a deep breath, then exhale forcefully so you can feel it, not in your lungs, but in your gut. That's your diaphragm.
3. Be confident and really FEEL the lyrics. This sounds corny, but it really works.

Here's an interesting article:
http://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=281

Hope this helps. Of course, nothing is better than good old-fashioned practice.

La-la-la, :o :o :o
G

Sounds a bit like the guitar and vocals are fighting one another. I might suggest bringing the guitar down in the mix some.

good starts on your stuff guy. You captured the vocal and guitar pretty well with pretty good separation. You might want to think about what I was hearing on several of your tunes, the vocal is a little subdued. You can sing ok so let the vocal be up top and front and the guitar accompany it. Your ready to hook up some accompaniment too, like maybe tracking more guitar parts, adrum machine, and maybe a bass.

Back