I had to move upstairs

jamiecer

I'm having some work done to my "studio," (new carpet, insulation covered by fabric on the walls, ect... so I had to move upstairs for a few weeks. I was wondering if I could trouble a few of you to listen to some of my "non-studio" mixes and give me your thoughts. I'd reall like to hear fro you.

Thanks,

Jamie

KILLER!! Absolutely killer!! Love Live in Stereo!! Just curious about something....as far as your vocals, do you have just a little David Byrne influence in there?! Good work....I'm just now getting the balls to have a little piece put up on the net right now, myself. Now everyone gets to trash me!! LOL!

Is Genohm signed yet?.....kinda like Talking Heads with a hint of hip-hop Zappa.......very impressive for "non-studio" mixes....and a very impressive client list...Robbie Robertson?

Wow! Thanks

Thanks for the reviews. The recording is of a band called Genohm. They are just a bunch of my friends that I have been trying to help out. They are not signed. Actualy, they have only been together about a year. If you would like more info on them go to http://www.genohm.com. The singer is mainly infuenced by bands like Rage Against the Machine and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. As for David Byrne, we all grew up on the Talking Heads and the Police so thier influence is inevitable.

Mac2 -
Yeah working with Robbie was very cool. I got to do some vocal sessions for him and did alot of work with the samples on his "Contact from the Underworld of Red Boy" cd. I got nominated for a best engineering Grammy for that. It was a bit of a fluke. I worked at a really cool LA studio for a few years and worked with everyone under the sun.

Thanks again for the reviews and if anyone else has anything to add, positive or negitive, I'd love to hear it.

Back