I didn't Cry Last Night

YouTube

I am so sorry Guys that I had posted the wrong audio link below. But please check the above link (the right link). and listen to the song.

I am kindly asking for some feedback on my song. (lyric and melody).

I Didn't Cry Last Night (New) by irwin abrigo | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I Didn't Cry Last Night
©2018 Irwin Abrigo
-
(Verse one)
I was the fool you, broke all the rules, played games that lovers do
Never caring about my feelings
Many of nights alone, I sat at home, and I cried, I cried
asking myself why, don't you, understand

I gave you my heart, all that I ask, of you
Is to give me, in return, your heart too
But last night I told myself I am not crying anymore, When you walked out that door
I stood up strong Cause I realized, somehow I got to survive
-
(Chorus)
And I didn't cry last night for the first time
I didn't cry last night

(Verse Two)
Knowing its wrong, still you went alone, broke each and every vow
I was thinking about our marriage
I do believe in love, but for somehow, in my vain, it pains
Living through the years, like this, isn't fair

I gave to you my all, all that I ask of you
Is to give me, in return, your all too
Last night I told myself I couldn't take it anymore, Midnight and you're not home
I'd cried many nights before, a river just like the Nile

(Chorus)

All that you’ve put me through have been hurting, not hurting anymore
I’ve made it through the storm, now there is a claim
I’m not crying for the first time, I’m not crying
For the first time last night, I didn’t cry

For the first, I didn’t cry
Last night

Last edited:
Is that FX behind the vocal triggered by the vocal, or is someone riding a synth along with the vocal?

I like the lyrics and the vocal, the mix sounded ok to me, but the FX wasn't melodic enough to make it pleasant for me to listen to.

I cannot tell what key this is in. The vocal is in a different key than the music, which I don't think follows a melodic pattern anyhow. Where did you get this vocal from?

YouTube

I am so sorry Guys that I had posted the wrong audio link below. But please check the above link (the right link). and listen to the song.

Irwin

It's less disjointed I suppose, but I still don't "get it."

What kind of sound are you going for here? Who are your influences?

I'm trying to understand what sound you're trying to get.
Your songs consistently have a kind of cheap midi feel to them. They almost sound like a demo on an old 90s keyboard.
Is that an intentional effect, or are you just having trouble achieving "realistic" sounds in your recordings?

I'm trying to understand what sound you're trying to get.
Your songs consistently have a kind of cheap midi feel to them. They almost sound like a demo on an old 90s keyboard.
Is that an intentional effect, or are you just having trouble achieving "realistic" sounds in your recordings?

I am using FL Studio (the demo version) to produce my tracks. I just lay down my ideas with those instrument that are available for me to choose from. But I am interesting if to be edcationed,

But I am interesting if to be edcationed,

I’m asking honestly here now: Is English not your first language? It’s completely fine if it’s not. It’s just that, we’re asking you questions, and your answers to these questions are not making sense.

What music do you like?

Who is your favorite musician?

Do you have a favorite band?

What’s your favorite genre?

I’m asking honestly here now: Is English not your first language? It’s completely fine if it’s not. It’s just that, we’re asking you questions, and your answers to these questions are not making sense.

What music do you like?

Who is your favorite musician?

Do you have a favorite band?

What’s your favorite genre?

What music do you like --------- Pop

Who is your favorite musician --- I don't have a favorite

Do you have a favorite band? ----OrinorinBand

What’s your favorite genre --- Pop

I am using FL Studio (the demo version) to produce my tracks. I just lay down my ideas with those instrument that are available for me to choose from. But I am interesting if to be edcationed,

The demo version of FL Studio looks very limited. You can't even load your old projects to revise them, can you?
Here's what I would recommend for you:

1. Upgrade to the full version.
2. Begin experimenting with the your instruments and effects. Try to get each voice in the song to sound as much like the pop you hear on the radio. (What should pop drums sound like? What should a pop bass sound like? etc.)
3. Post the song on Soundcloud or another service which lets you upload revisions of a song instead of YouTube which forces you to take down the whole video.
4. Post it here and some other feedback sites.
5. Revise! Take what you people suggest, and edit the song to make it better. Get that one song to sound really good.

Also, if you want to do pop music, you're going to need to use live singers. The midi saxaphone thing isn't going to work for anything but the most basic of demos.

Ha ha! No! I legitimately want to help him achieve his musical vision!

Hi VomitHatSteve, Thanks for reaching out, and I appreciate that.

This is what's going on with me. I am a songwriter not a musician. Now, because of the cost to have someone sing and play on my song demos is what I cannot afford, I am force to take on the job all by myself.

Well, as far as I can see I have gotten from Point "A" to Point "B" meaning I had started from not knowing anything about producing music, anything about chords or Chords progression. now I can make beats play some chords and at least have a musical idea of my songs out in the world for persons to hear and listen to. And this is all about Irwin for now.

Again, Thanks for reaching out.

I am a songwriter not a musician.

Irwin, most, if not all, songwriters are musicians. You need to have some understanding of music and chord progressions in order to write a song. And you need to write your song on some type of instrument, otherwise it's a poem. So, in that sense, songwriters are also musicians. Your lack of musical knowledge is apparent, and it's weakening your tracks. Learn to play something - piano, guitar - and it'll help you write your songs.

And you need to write your song on some type of instrument, otherwise it's a poem.

Yes andrushkiwt, I do understand what you have written above. But what about song lyric?
When I being to write a song I always started out with a melody in my head first. So in that case it never came to my mine that I am writing "Poems". If I have the melody in my head am I not writing songs?.

Back