I didn't Cry Last Night

Sorry Irwin I am with most everyone else. I don't get it either. For one, you have two versions posted and they are totally two different songs...then the female singer.....sounds like she is a good singer but then her voice is warped all of the place from a pitch corrector. Is she just a sample or is this someone you know that actually sang this for you? If you do not know her and you just got her off the internet then this means that the song isn't "yours".

I think your best best is to find someone who is willing to take the time to go through your midi file and clean it all up and send it back for you to add vocals over(your own vocals or someone you know). If your a "songwriter" but not a "musician", then let someone else have that burden or take time to learn an instrument. Right now the music part is a mess...and I am not trying to bring you down at all. We all have had to start somewhere and we are all still learning.
Good luck

Yes andrushkiwt, I do understand what you have written above. But what about song lyric?
When I being to write a song I always started out with a melody in my head first. So in that case it never came to my mine that I am writing "Poems". If I have the melody in my head am I not writing songs?.

This was debated here recently in another thread. There are, legally, two elements to songs: lyrics and music. Those responsible for lyrics are lyricists and those responsible for the music are the composers. If you are writing the lyrics, you're definitely the lyricist. Though many of your songs appear to be samples of other vocalists singing other songs. It would not apply then. If you are writing the music, then you would be a composer as well. However, as others have mentioned, the music aspect is lacking and not following any known scales or progressions.

Just take some time to learn an instrument or ask others you know to write it for you or with you.

I’m asking honestly here now: Is English not your first language? It’s completely fine if it’s not. It’s just that, we’re asking you questions, and your answers to these questions are not making sense.

What music do you like?

Who is your favorite musician?

Do you have a favorite band?

What’s your favorite genre?

Obviously not...

Back