I Can't Tell You Why Cover

This is very impressive indeed. Great performances all around, not to mention nice tones, too. Mix-wise, the only thing that stands out to me is that the bass sounds a little bit big and overpowering. I think it could lose a little of its girth and still offer plenty of support.

My only constructive criticism is that vocal sounds pushed a little too hard. This seems to me more like a sound-alike recording than a cover, because you've pretty much reconstructed the original identically (for the most part). Perhaps if you'd changed it up a bit more---rocked it up a bit or something---the vocal would sound more appropriate. But since it sounds very much like the original, the vocal sounds as though it should be a little more relaxed. You've got a great voice for sure---the harmonies sound beautiful! The delivery just sounds a little too "rock" for a tune like this, IMHO.

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

This is very impressive indeed. Great performances all around, not to mention nice tones, too. Mix-wise, the only thing that stands out to me is that the bass sounds a little bit big and overpowering. I think it could lose a little of its girth and still offer plenty of support....

+1 ^

Nice work.

I like it! I'm a sucker for harmonies like Eagles, CSN, Beach Boys, Association, Mamas and Papas. Vocal treatments are usually the toughest part of these. Timothy B Schmit has a very silky high voice, and that's a tough one. I can hear that it's getting to the top of your range. You did pretty good, and the backing vocals sound nice.

As for doing covers, I don't have any problem with this. I personally like a lot of them.

These guys do great reworks of stuff from great artists, like Steely Dan, REO, Boston, Police, Skynyrd, etc. They did a bunch of Eagles songs as well. Check out Lexington Lab Band.

Great job, sounds great. I would transpose it a half step lower, the lead singer is straining to hit most of the pitches. I don't know what key its in it may require tuning the guitar down to Eb.

Back