I was bored... Short Slide Geetar Sample

Axe4Yahweh

I've been wanting to do some serious recording since I got my Fostex VF-160 CDR but the band is not doing much of anything.

I got bored this afternoon and laid down a Rythymn Track of Bass, Drums, and Geetar and couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do with it. LOL So I went to the music store and bought me a pyrex slide, came home and tuned the Tele to an open E, plugged into the V-AMP2, and let it rip for a few bars over the Rythmn Track.

Excuse the slide playing, I haven't done any in like 25 or 26 years.

I mixed down live from the VF-160 to the puter using n-Tracks. None of the tracks have been treated at all so it's a really rough mix.

Have a listen and let me know whacha think...

E Shuffle Slide Sample: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1976&alid=-1

Thanks in advance;

CR ><>

Well, since nobody else has said anything, I'll jump in, but pay attention to the post # over there <--- that says a lot about my experience :D

The mix as a whole sounds a little muddy, and i'm not a big fan of the lead tone. A little too "fuzzy" I guess. I listened to the other clips on your site, (DAMN you can play :D), and I really like the tones on the other clips you have. Just personal preference I suppose :)

I'd start by panning the rhythm guitar and the lead somewhere other than straight down the middle, I think that'd clean things up a bit, the rhythm track kinda gets lost in there.

Anywho, nice work!

travis

For no production, it sounds pretty damn good. I would have expected the guitars to be a little more up front...did you track the guitar with reverb on? You'll have more control later if you track it dry. I'm not sure what your asking for in reponses, but that would be my main suggestion. Track the guitar as dry as possible, and process it later.

Cool jam man! It's only 8 am, but it made me want to drink. :)

:D I shoulda known better'n ta post raw tracks here. ROFL!!! :p

I put it up as a sample trying to see if the tune was worth pursuing. I guess that it is. :)

Anywho, here is a Mix with just a lil production. I added a touch of Verb to the drums and geetars before beginning the mixdown to the puter on to n-Track. Slide is now panned left and Rythymn is panned right.

After I made the stereo Wav on n-Track, I took it over to Power Tracks 8 to add some Output Compression and kicked it up 3db with the Peak Limiter. I edited off the click track at the beginning.

Thanks for the input Travis and SluiCe.

Still ROFL!!!

CR ><>

Last edited:
Hey Axe,

Sounds cool man,pyrex huh,is that like nonstick?:D
Slide sounds great.
Pretty good for a rough mix,rythym section is nice and strong.

I think you got it knocked dude,why don't you grab a verse and lay down a vocal track.
Sounds like a song to me!:D

Thanks,
Pete

:cool:

Pete! Thanks for the listen and comments Bro!

Yeah, that slide is non-stick! Has to be. The only thing I did to the Tele was tune it open. The strings are still laying right on the fretboard and they're a set of 010's. LOL I need to put on a heavier set and raise the action a bit. :eek:

CR ><>

Back