Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I am WATYF... hear me drum... ;o)

Smiling back at you. Disclaimer: If I've said anything to offend you..... get over it. :op
    Thanks

Talking I am WATYF... hear me drum... ;o)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Seeing how I don't know anybody here anymore (ya bunch of newbies. ) most of you will have no idea what I'm talking aboot,... but a long time ago, in a BBS far, far away, I mentioned that the youth band I'm in would be releasing an album. Well... fifty thousand years later, it's finally on its way... and I have some samples I want you folks to check out.

Since it's not "my" band, and since the CD is basically a fund-raiser for the youth group, I can't just go and give away all the songs, but I have posted samples of each track on the band website. They're all about a minute long, so you can get an idea of the song and the recording quality.

The entire ablum was tracked/mixed/mastered in my brother's basement on a digi001. (except the drums, which were tracked elsewhere)

I know the rules, so I'm not asking for a blanket review of an entire album... the two songs that we consider the "singles" are "Completely Yours" and "Clay"... so check those out if you check any of it out.

And anyone who thinks I'm trying to spam the board to sell my CD can kiss my psuedo-Canadian arse. The CD hasn't been reproduced yet, and we have no method on the website yet for you to order it, so you couldn't buy it even if you wanted to. If you're still interested (for some odd reason) after you listen to the stuff, then you can PM me or click on the "email" link on the website, and I'll let you know when the CD is available.

Any input, as always, is appreciated. This is a little different then most of my submissions because... well... I'm not singing... and... uh... I'm not playing guitar (although I did some acoustic work on the last track)... and... uh... I didn't really have much of a say in the production... so most of it even I don't like. But anywhey... have a blast.

Throwing Away

WATYF

Thanks
    Please review some of the others first, you newbie egomaniac!

Where's the song? I only got a page telling me my browser was lame.
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Smiling back at you. Disclaimer: If I've said anything to offend you..... get over it. :op
    Thanks
    LOL.... sorry... that means you don't have Java installed.

Sorry... the link I gave you was to the homepage of the website. I'll change it so it links directly to the Music page... that way you don't have to worry about figuring it out on your own... I know how easily confused you Norwegians get...

WATYF

Thanks
    Argh, I'm so damn puzzled!

Det blir bedre når det går over? (that is Norsk, btw)
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks
    lol... btw... dig the new avatar.

WATYF

Thanks
    So you really do play drums. LOL. I listened to Clay. Sounds pretty good to me...all :37. LOL. I would have liked to have heard a full verse into a full chorus and I think anyone who is checking a song out (especially to buy ) would want that IMO.

Bass sounded nice. Drums sounded well recorded and played. Guitars a little undefined to me, but I am not great at this kind of detail. Good singer. Vocals lacked some dynamics to me, maybe overcompression and overuse of FX.

All in all, very nice! The use of effects and tones seemed to fit the style. Good luck with CD!!!

PS - I like your voice better despite the fact that you always criticize yourself. Your voice has a very nice character to me.

Thanks
    Hey man.....where the heck ya' been ?!?!?

Listened to Clay......sounds good........nice drumming , vox, everything...very nice sound.
    Also listened to For a Moment......once again, a very good sound, particularly the vox. What kind of mics and pres please.

Will listen to some more later but the download from that site is slow, slow SLOW!

So are you gonna be around aboot here again?

Thanks
    skids: Actually the Clay clip should have been 1:03 and it included a full verse/chorus. Let me know if you're having trouble getting it all and I'll check it out when I get home. I agree aboot the overuse of FX... that's one of my gripes aboat the production.. but oh well. And thanks for the voice comments, I do appreciate it. I know everyone here keeps saying that, but I just can't get past disliking it... maybe it's a subconscious thing... I dunno.

Lt: Dude... I got married... that's where I've been. I've had zero free time for 6 months. I haven't recorded ONE new song since April. I really should get back into it, though. I just have to find the time and get my schedule in order.

As for Mics/Pres... Vocals were usually done on a U87 into an Avalon VT737. Acosutics were done mostly using direct (as you can tell )... but I tracked some gits for the last track and I made them mic it. I think I used my Oktava MC12 and a TLM103. I don't know how they tracked the elecs cause I wasn't around for that part. And drums... geez... I dunno all of it... I'm pretty sure they were mostly Sennheiser. The guy who did the drum tracking was partial to 421's.

Yes... the download is a little slow... it's from my own personal server. (which basically means you're downloading it straight off my home PC.) If a couple people hit it at once, that would cause a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to come back around every once in a while to see what's up in the Clinic, but I never really get time to stop and check out a bunch of tunes and comment. Sorry about that all.

I'd like someone to check out Completely Yours, though. It's a cheesy pop song, but I think it's the most "commercial" song on the album.

Oh yeah,... and all you anti-autotuners will love it... (I'll just leave it at that. )

Thanks for the input guys.

WATYF

Thanks
    I won't nit-pick on a finished product. I'm just gonna listen.

"Completely Yours" - absolutely commercial potential, in my opinion. I'd buy it - in fact I think I will. I like the drums a lot (and I don't get along well with drummers)

"Hallelujah" - again - very nice production with beautiful vocals

"Clay" - these are "youth?" I mean, how old are these "youth?" This is mature souding stuff. Lovin' it!

"Lift Me Up" - this is a nice, too - this project gets an A+

You said ... so most of it even I don't like. Why not?
    Wanna hear my first CD?

Who did the writing? I like it. Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Milan
    MC Gitarz

Thanks
    I listened to Completely Yours, very good job. You mixed this, right? The drums sound great, as do the vocals.

Great work.

Thread Information