I almost killed the other night via a shotgun

Walter Tore

I almost got killed the other night via a shotgun

This guy got crazy on me because one of our dogs pissed on his lawn, as we walked around the block the other night. He then started to go towards his door, screaming obscenities at me, and saying he was getting his shotgun and kill me. He has already come after another neighbor with the gun. That was too much for me. I looked him in the eye and told him in some serious NJ Italian lingo, That I learned on the hard side of the streets, that if he moved 1 more step, he would meet his maker. Anway, it is all in the song.

shotgun running
that's my life
she cried, cried, cried
women of the night parade
I hurt the ones I love

Walter

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=157137

Last edited:
Walter Tore said:
This guy got crazy on me because one of our dogs pissed on his lawn, as we walked around the block the other night. He then started to go towards his door, screaming obscenities at me, and saying he was getting his shotgun and kill me. He has already come after another neighbor with the gun. That was too much for me. I looked him in the eye and told him in some serious NJ Italian lingo, That I learned on the hard side of the streets, that if he moved 1 more step, he would meet his maker. Anway, it is all in the song.

shotgun running
that's my life
she cried, cried, cried
women of the night parade
I hurt the ones I love

Walter

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=157137

Put a cap in his ass Walter! :D

Hi Gorty: In my younger days, it would have been long done, but I have been working in therapy, for years, to get away from my Newark NJ/Soprano like upbringing. You don't talk like that where I am from. My wife and I selling our ridiculously overpriced california house, and buying a small farm in Ohio. No neighbors are the best kind! Walter

Walter Tore said:
No neighbors are the best kind! Walter
Oh man, you aint shittin'!

Not long ago, I had one neighbor on one side working on race cars, running them without headers/etc., and the other side was a police dispatcher who would call the cops on ME for playing drums...even quietly!

Lookin' for a bit of elbow room myself :D

Walter,
Well done on holding your own calmly.
I often have recourse to think of Setphen Donaldosn's lines in the Thomas Covenant novels:
"Do not harm when you can hold
Do maime when you can harm
Do not kill when you can maime."

Keeping your peace, and channelling the aggression into music is the way to go when it can be done.
It takes a big man to outlive his past and avoid the deep experience responses as you've done.
Cheers
rayC
Yeah, yeah, - I know others will say peacenik or hippy but I'm psycho enough to believe that playing indians & cowboys was a training tool way back, just as sword, bow & wrestling play were training steps for children in other times. Times when hunting & aggression were survival skills.

Walter Tore said:
Hi Gorty: In my younger days, it would have been long done, but I have been working in therapy, for years, to get away from my Newark NJ/Soprano like upbringing. You don't talk like that where I am from. My wife and I selling our ridiculously overpriced california house, and buying a small farm in Ohio. No neighbors are the best kind! Walter

Good move Walter!

Hope you enjoy Ohio! :)

thanks everybody! If it wasn't for my music, I would be dead, or in prison for life. It literally has saved my life. I pray I will never act like my family does. Walter

Wow, I just love the emotion in your songs. I can feel it in there, but then you always post the true stories behind your songs so we know they mean a lot to you. Incredible playing for a 1 man band too, never stops impressing.
Keep up the great music Walter, very enjoyable :)

thanks again all! I love doing spontobeat because there is a forever never ending song in each of our lives. I got to play with Lightning Hopkins, and hang with him quite a bit. About 99% of his songs were about his life. He told me that music wasn't nothing but your life to a beat. Anything else was just passing time. That's my life! Walter

mx_mx,
There's a problem with that suggetion...I hate beaches & I already live at one.
I'll have to dig out a 70's era photo of m'self bearded & in flares to reinforce my new image but6 all I have is the attachment from a planned CD insert, (yeah I know planned!!! I assume we all harbour plans for THE DAY WHEN...).
Thanks for the sense of humour anyway - I have friends at Byron & Nambucca BUT I've NEVER been there.
Cheers
rayC

Last edited:
Walter, top notch as always. Very fun listening. We can put you on play, and listen for a week now.....Congrats man... :D

Back