Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Humble Violin & Orchestra home recording...

Coffee shop around DC-Maryland-Virginia...
    Thanks

Lightbulb Humble Violin & Orchestra home recording...

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here's one of my humble Violin and Orchestra home recording experience. Well, ...Be gentle I'm not professional violin player. So don't ask me for collaboration things... I'm nervous .

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2631&alid=-1

Story :
    This one was inspired by DavidK as one of my favorite violin player/master around . Few weeks ago, I readed his post about his girlfriend being ill. Well, I guess there is no way for me to do to show my concern but dedicating this song for him. I wish his girlfriend is getting better. I also dedicate this song for Getuhgrip (Rick) and his family regarding the tragedy. May this song heals you guys. I wrote this song, for whoever we love to listen whenever she / he is being not well. Please feel free to comment to this song.

Tech side :
    Nothing special... no such Trans Siberian Philharmonic Orchestra playing back up for me... Just me, my keyboards, couple of synth & soundfonts. And off course... SONAR 2.2 XL, and Cool Edit Pro 2. You'll hear me playing violin on two tracks, and the rest is MIDI work. I wrote, composed, sequence, record, and mixing in a same day, all by myself.10 hours of work. No such mastering, just little editing in CEP 2. So I wouldn't say this is my best shoot. Well, since I'm happy with this, I don't think I'm gonna change the song drastically. May be add or subtract things, but not much...

Have a nice listening.
    Thanks

Jaymz
    Keep Rockin' and Rollin'...

Thanks
    okay, zero replies and 5 stars...I gotta' hear this...lol.

Thanks
    Okay, I just read your post. Pretty cool. It doesn't need a listen to get stars...

But I did listen. Really nice man. Because I'm a dufus, I'm not really sure which violin parts were real...I mean, I can recognize the string bed stuff as fake, so I'm guessing you played the parts that stand out at the beginning...Or maybe it's all synth and I just missed it in your post. Either way, less verb on the strings would be cool, lol. Sheesh, just laugh at me, I don't care...I thought this was really nice.

Thanks

Thumbs up

That was a beautiful instrumental james!It kinda sounded like some of the Hosanna Praise Instrumentals I have on CD...really nice peice of work man.It sooooooothed me.

Coffee shop around DC-Maryland-Virginia...
    Thanks
    Chriss:
    The violin laid all over the place but in the SFX intro and the flute interlude. I mix them too f*@#$in' good, then they really blend eachother. That's what mixing is all about, huh ? I kinda have to "mask" the original violin track with reverb because I want my CHEAP acoustic violin ($20, you wont believe it!) to sound like an expensive electric But you're right, a bit too muddy. Can I blame it to mp3 format ? It sounds good on the original .wav. THANKS brutha' . give your lover a listen...

Kramer:
    Thank's !!! You may want to save it for next christmas tune...

Anyone ?

Jaymz
    Keep Rockin' and Rollin'...

Thanks
    Damn man...

That gave me chillbumps. Thats the best sounding 20 dollar violin I've ever heard.

This proves it's all about the music.

Great !

Dennis
    ------------------------------------

Thanks

Thumbs up

wow~this is a $20 violion and some synth?? You gotta tell us more on how you did it. THis is awsome sounding!! Very nice arrangment, too. Now I feel stupid for posting my half-@ss orchestra attempt here awhile ago

Good stuff

Al

Thanks
    very nice. absolutelyl lovely. nothing more to add other than i am very impressed. and you will collaborate. pm's on the way!
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

Thanks

Thumbs up

Sugarsweet Sound quality is very good too. Nice mix of real and....eh...unreal? instruments there...

I like the melody. I'm not too fond of keyboard pads, but that's my problem.

But I do love the sentiment, James...that was really nice of you to do!

Be gentle I'm not professional violin player.
    Aw, cut the modest crap man! And who's 'professional' around here? If were a professional you would be working right now instead of lurking in the Cave, wouldn't you? This is 'Home Recording dot com', we're all amateurs. Some are good, some are excellent. And you are an excellent amateur violinist James!
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks

Thumbs up

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Thankyou.
    Cheeseburgers Rock!

Thread Information