Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HRC Acid Wash

Thanks

HRC Acid Wash

Sign in to disable this ad
    I love this song.

I won't bore everyone with all the gory details of trying to record this but trust me they are there. I did gain an exrta couple of notes on my vocal range :0. That's one of the benifits of doing 750 takes.

I'm going to have to remix this, but I did all this work with the hopes of uploading this tonite so I can't bail now.

The cover
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1830&alid=-1

The original.
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1647&alid=-1

Acid Wash by Jamal Buchet

Thanks
    Hey Doug--I just listened.

The good: Your guitar parts are so cool! Very Jimi-esque. You play well. I could listen to that all day. Would have loved to hear it through a big Marshall, but it doesn't matter. ( My guess--its a V-Amp?) Is that a Strat? If not, it must be something very similar. Also, I thought your version gave some new dimension to the song. Its different from Jamal's but I like the difference. Last, you CAME THROUGH on the challenge! Thank you!

The bad: Your drums kinda lose me. I think its because there's no hi hat breaking up the meter. It makes the task rest solely on the shoulders of the guitarist. As a guitarist with no sense of meter myself, I know how hard that is to pull off perfectly. Vocal could come up a little more too.

I'll check back for the final mix. Kudos for doing this!

Thanks
    HOLY SHIT THATS AWESOME....at first i was a little taken back...but after you started singing i was hooked...i cant beleive someone dug this enough to cover it...thats soo cool...i LOOOOVE the style you sang this in ..ok i hafe to listen to this ...a few more times...then ill tell you how i REALLY feel........lol...man that guitar is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

jamal

Thanks
    oh yeah and GIDGE get ready....lol.......your next...

sincerely,
    the guy covering gidge.

Thanks

Cool

Doug,

thats some sweet ass playing.....

like crawdad, the lack of a hihat/ride threw me off a tad......but other than that, the whole track rocks....this just happens to be my favorite Bamal Juchet song so props on song choice......

Jamal,

Im ready (i think... )

Thanks
    realy realy nice guitar work here. the guitar tone is incredible.definately must be a strat. the only thing i found wrong with it is the drums, vox sound good maybe need to be a bit louder but everything sounds good. good job and this is my fav song by jamal to.

Thanks
    WOW

I've never heard the original, but this kicks ass.

Seriously, you didn't have any trouble making this YOURS, ... I love it, and I think it takes real vision to be able to pull this off. Dammit Doug, you should post more. I'm looking at your page, and you're like a "special events" kind of poster...lol...Christmas, 1.5 Hr. Challenge, Cover Challenge. Damn man, if you just had more deadlines, you'd be famous.

LOVED THIS!!!!! I can practically feel the amp shaking the floor next to me...neato!!!

And I'm with Crawdad...THANKS FOR PLAYING!!!

no more "eeks," just raised thumbs.

Thanks
    ok the fact that you took it and made it your own is what is so cool i think...besides the fact that i could never play guitar like that in a million years......at 4:13 or so when you play the continuous run ...love that...this is so sparse....compared to my version...man its weird to hear it so "bare"...but you see i have to hide all my musical shortcomings with tons of stuff ..lol...you on the other hand .....can actually play!...

the low key vocals (the style not the actual key..lol).. way that you sang it ...man i sang this WAY to happy ..cause i like this way better......

jamal

Thanks
    nice guitar playing jimmy! i would kill to be able to play the guitar like that!

the intro drums were a little disturbing. actually all of the drums were really bad except the part where they are just holding the rythm of the song.

i think you should post this without the drums. the singing is pretty good. hard to hear in some parts.

yeah, i'd like to hear this without the drums.

no offense jamal but i like this better than the original. hard not to love that guitar playing.

Thanks

Thumbs up

very nice guitar playing. My only thing, would be that I'd like to hear it not panned so far to the left. The whole right side of the song sounds empty. The drums are a little strange... are they some sort of loop...i like the tone of the toms. I'd like to get that sound out of my kit.
    The bass sounds very good. I like the vocals also, sound good, but could be brought up a little....maybe bring everything else down?? the signal sounds to be breaking up a little on the bottom end around 1:35 and on for a little bit. I think panning the guitar a little more to the center will make a huge improve in the balnce of the mix....but, man i'd be the last person to take advice from. Pretty new at it all myself. great job overall....love that git sound.....don't miss SRV so much now!!!
    Jason

Thread Information