HRC#4- "C-rap" Rustyfingers and Guernica

Guernica

Hi folks,
.....again, this was a great idea for a challenge, lotsa fun here. Dennis (rustyfingers) wrote this fun little tune and was kind enough to let me maul it:D. I got a great , open-minded partner for this one, and just wanna extend my thanks to Dennis for making this little tune a blast to do. You da man bro :)

Dennis did the "GREAT" lead and bg vocs on this as well as the acoustic guitars. I did the bass, percussion, keys, banjo:-)o) , and ....ahem... rap vocs:rolleyes: :D He sent his tracks to me via wav, I then added mine and mixed it.
Thanks for listening.
:)

"C-rap" track #5
http://www.nowhereradio.com/guernica/singles

Holy crap, if I were to quote every line from that I loved I'd be quoting the whole damn song!

But.. "I don't think that disco's all that bad" Jeeese-us!! Laughing my ass off!!

Cripes that was funny.

Chris

In my neighborhood you're either a truck driver or a gangsta. You spend your days working on your pick-up or detailing your car blasting your country music or hip-hop while all the dogs are barking and howling away.

5 big stars from me!
Throw some dog barking in there and it's perfect.

too cool!

my favorite line.....

ya know....life just don't have to be that complicated....

another one....big old dirty stinky stack o' hay:D:D

awesome!!!!!

LMAO! Very funny stuff guys. G, I didn't know you could play banjo too, COOL! Great original concept. You scared me a little at the beginning, I thought that intro clip was gonna be the song!
Acoustic guitar sounded slightly out of tune, but only noticable mostly at the beginning before all the other instruments came in.
Cool percussion stuff G. Who wrote the lyrics? Pretty clever. A real crying steel guitar in there would have put this over the top. You guys did a great job!

Twist

real banjo my ass!

fun stuff guys.. good vocals all around.. that didn't sound like Mike rapping.. I was expecting to hear that deep G voice.. good sounds..

things sound out of tune to me, but I'm not gonna nit.. sounds like a few 'weird' spots too.. I like the vocals man.. fun listen..

nice to see ya!

Can I handle the promotion? It would go something like this.

"What do you get when the 2 worse genres of music come together as a single entity? Pure, straight up, unadulterated C-Rap...yo!"

oh my god! that was crazy. too many good lines in this song to quote a favorite.......but 'when my wife wakes up i slap her' put me on the floor.

shit guernica, everything you do is worth keeping. nice one.

nice collab guys........very interesting.......

when that banjo first comes in it seems a little off........kinda distracting

funny song.......good job guys

LMFAO!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Very funny and the banjo's a great touch. Is that your keyboard Mike? Sounds like a banjo for sure.
I too noticed several wierd spots where the instruments didn't all seem to go to the same chord. :eek:

Another great HRC#4 collab........I've liked every single one so far.

Haha, as TrackRat would say"To Kool for School":cool: . Good stuff guy's. Big G, you almost sound like a southern boy:D !! Great lyric's and singing Dennis...we need to hook up sometimes bro, you live in brandon right? My daughter goes to church there at Cross Gates..just started singing in the choir, you can't miss her..she's the prettiest one up there:D . Great collab guy's!!

It's a hit! :)

Very funny. And I haven't even listened to the lyrics yet. :eek: :D

I'm with Lt. Bob on the weird spots.

Thanks alot for the listens fellas......
groucho, fprod, joro, twist
....thanks for the nice words guys, You all got the point..... just good fun here.:) Twist, this is a banjo sound from my keys that i put to an arp that i wrote.
Sam
real banjo my ass!
:D :D That voice and dialect was accomplished by inserting a huge wad of Skoal wintergreen longcut between cheek and gum. ......:D Yeah there were a few little issues........ but its done, and it was fun:)
Shock, Eric
Thanks for the listens:)
Powder...thanks for listening, yeah, there might be blurb w/ that banjo entry.
Steve Thanks man, .....yeah there were a few little issues........ but its done, and it was fun:)
DavidThanks for listening.... Consult Rustyfingermeister for what sounds like a great future collab:)
Pedthanks for listening

DENNIS .......WHERE ARE YOU!!!

thanks again, g

Here I am !!!

Thanks for all the comments guys. I actually listened to this for the first time on my way to church with my wife and kids :D

When it first started my wife looked at me and said "What are we listening to?" It took a second but I realized where Mike was headed and it just got better after that.

Mike did a real good job of turning the tracks I sent him into something useful. Good job Mike !!! This was about as much fun as I have had in a long time guys, definately need to do this again. Mike pushed me in a general direction and this is what came out.

FreshEars - I grew up in Crossgates ! Where do you live?

See Ya and thanks again
Dennis

You should ditch the .45 and switch to a 9 if you wanna be a rapper. ;)

Nice job blending the genres here boys. Seriously...well done. Funny as hell!

Talent and humor combined...good shit.

:)

Well fellers - that jes' about sums up where I be comin' from - ya know what I'm sayin'? That there musak is about the coolest shit I heard in a l-o-n-g damn while, I'm tellin' ya. I'm jes sittin' here grinnin' like a mule eatin' briar! I got a smile on ma face even an undertaker can't take off. And that banjo - now boys - that sounded like that little feller in that there Delivery movie. (ya know they put the music over top that little feller's playin' - he cayn't really play all that good.)

I thought them there Grateful Dead dudes was jes'a fad, too.
Nice work fellers!

Yours truly,
Lonesome Cowboy Burt

Ha Ha,good one guys!
Some pretty funny lyrics man.

I like the way the title appears,bout says it all!:D

Even though it was a novelty tune,the bass sounded really good.

Fun stuff!

Pete

Alright! Some others with a sense of humor on the board! I love stuff like this! You know, I don't know if you guys put that intro rap section together or if thats a lift, but its actually my favorite part of the tune! The rest is funny too, especially the narration in the middle. You guys are sick...I can hang with ya for sure now! Five smiles!

Back