Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HR member cover: Emeric's Holiday (for real this time)

Thanks

HR member cover: Emeric's Holiday (for real this time)

Sign in to disable this ad
    I meant to post this back in April but net-access went bye-bye for a while. It's close to done, just putting together a final to-do list for polishing it up. First thing I've posted with vocs, so there's a lot of 'em to compensate. Lemme know what I gotta fix.

Original:
    http://www.emeric.ca/holidayoriginal.mp3

Cover:
    http://www.emeric.ca/HolidayPG.mp3

Thanks

Thumbs up

Good Lord man.The vocals on this are EXCELLENT.There might be a few volume issues with the vocals(at 1:40 when the distorted guitars kick in) not being loud enough at certain passages but man,I am blown away by the vocal work you did.You did a superb job of getting all those vocal tracks mixed just right without losing them in a blur.

This whole mix sounds good to me.Im sure there will be some nitpickers but this sounds as good or better than a lot of platinum selling albums.I've been listening to a LOT of older albums lately and the mixes would get criticized left and right in the clinic but who gives a rats ass.They sound GREAT just like they are and who's to say whats right and wrong with someones interpretation of a song and the way they choose to mix it?Anyway......killer effort on this tune and thumbs up to emeric for writing such a good song.

Thanks
    Been A/B ing the original and your update for a while now.
    On the monitors.

Hey - you cheated a bit: his was 128 and your file is some kind of other encoding scheme. It reads out in WMP as 492Kbps!!! (BS)
    The filesize was close so you get off on this one!

Very creative breaks all the way through. Very well executed.

Your ability to capture Emeric's vocal style is amazing.

Are you some kind of Canadian Infiltrator? The ending vocal chorus was very Beach Boys so you get off there!

That acoustic guit recording is really nice!

My complaint was the drums. Compared to the original it sounded like a click track that came and went.

Thanks

Thumbs up

superb!
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    Kramer: Yeah, the vocs in that section have been a bitch to mix. It was a lot worse, actually. It's on the list, I may just re-cut 'em and see if that does the trick. Thanks for the listen and the kind words!

Doc: Mine is a VBR file, probably oscillates between 160 and 256 kbps. I'd ditch that bloated WMP piece of shit in favor of Winamp 2 for MP3s anyway, if I were you. As for the drums, there really aren't any. That was part of the challenge to myself, to do this without making the excuse that I didn't have a drum kit here. I decided to try to work around that with incidental percussion and vocal doo-dads. There's some drum samples in the bridge, most of which I lifted from other tunes I've done. Other percussion is stick click stuff that comes and goes in the mix (I mic'ed a concrete block in spots and a metal chair arm in the bridge). Thank ya for checking it out, bro.

Toki: Thanks!

Thanks
    Wow, this may be the most spacial thing I have heard here!

Well balanced, lots of movement inside the cans Ive got on, vocals are Fantastic. love that end,Great all around!

If you still didnt get it.

I really liked this

peace
    Bill

Thanks
    *bump*

Im dissapointed in you guys.

A 3 year member like "pglewis" post a tune and he only gets 4 replies?Have some respect for your homerecording.com elders will ya!

Really though,give the song a listen people!

Thanks
    Originally posted by Kramer
    *bump*

Im dissapointed in you guys.

A 3 year member like "pglewis" post a tune and he only gets 4 replies?

WHO?

BACK IN A SEC.!

Thanks
    I would expect nothing less from you, Mr. Lewis!

Your hard work and attention to detail really show's through in this mix! Smooth as hell, it's just so warm and inviting!

Fuckin' perfectionist! I really enjoyed this PG!

4 word's come to mind...................WOW!, ERR, WAIT

Thank's, man!

Peace

Rick

Thanks
    wfaraoni: Thanks for checking it out. The acoustic guits were double tracked; most of the other guits and backing vocs were done with 5 tracks each: hard left, 30-50% L, dead center, 30-50% R, and hard right. I would submix to a stereo pair so I didn't have to deal with a bazillion tracks while mixing. So, for a 2-part harmony I'd cut 10 tracks... sounds harder to do than it turned out to be in reality. As a side-effect, variances in the individual takes gave it some movement on its own without any extra work. I don't normally track like that, but as an experiment it seems to have worked out pretty well for stereo spread.

Kramer: "homerecording.com elders"?! lmao Thanks for the bump.

fender: Thanks, man... and I'm not a perfectionist! I'm just, like, picky and stuff. Yeah, that's it.

Thread Information