Hows this mixed?

For me, there too much bass. When it hit a note its way over the levels of everything else. Its the kind of thing that you hear from a car with subs cranked up. You hear nothing else but boom boom.

The fake handclaps are really getting cliche! Everyone has them. It gets boring hearing the same thing every time. It would be nice if somebody came up with something else to keep time.

To mirror what TalismanRich said, the volume of the bass on that kick makes the song unlistenable(i don't think that's a real word, but you get it anyway:D). Did you mix on very small monitors/speakers? There are also a few adlibs that jump out way too much and then others are buried.

My advice would be to concentrate on the levels of each track making up the song, and get them balanced. After that you will have to look into some substantial eq work to be done but it won't make a difference until those levels are rectified, so i'm not even touching on that now.
It's got some good potential, would like to hear it after some tweaks.

To mirror what TalismanRich said, the volume of the bass on that kick makes the song unlistenable(i don't think that's a real word, but you get it anyway:D). Did you mix on very small monitors/speakers? There are also a few adlibs that jump out way too much and then others are buried.

My advice would be to concentrate on the levels of each track making up the song, and get them balanced. After that you will have to look into some substantial eq work to be done but it won't make a difference until those levels are rectified, so i'm not even touching on that now.
It's got some good potential, would like to hear it after some tweaks.

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the honest feedback :) Im really new to the mixing thing so your advice really helps me. I have re balanced and mixed everything from scratch and have lowered the volume a bit on the drum ( I hope its still not too loud)

Loose Cannon Mix by Mark Podmore 2 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

:)

Attachments

• Loose cannon mix.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Bass is still too loud. There are vocals that come in at 0:44 and 1:30 that you need to drastically HPF they sound very awkward.

Tbh the bass isn't that loud its that everything else is too low.
1. The vocals are thin sounding
2. the adlibs are too full sounding (weird)

For EDM it sounds pretty well balanced to me. Listening thru JBL E-100 in a very tight space.

This is like reggae right?

Back