How terrible is this?

Definitely has a live feel to it. The drums are very far back in the mix and you can almost not hear them. That would be my only feedback -- get those things out front a bit :)

Not a bad song. Sounds like a jammin' blues tune. It sounds like it was recorded live, which can be hard to do. The drumming sounds fine, but just hard to hear.

Nice guitar playing throughout.

Nice job just need to get those drums out a bit (unless it is just on my machine...I'm sure someone else around will give you way better advice than me)...

Take care! :)

man ...i dont think the drums are all THAT quiet?....maybe just diff settings.... that voice reminds me of that movie...about the irish blues band.."the replacements"..is that right?...at any rate very cool groove ...nice guitar lead.....i really like this ..its "put it in yer car and drive fast down the highway"..music.....nice off time cymbal feel on the second guitar break....

man lets hear more of this???

thanks
jamal

Hey Dave,
.....cool stuff man. Im listening on my computer at work, so i wont comment on mix. But it sounds great here. The drums sound good man. Youre the drummer I take it? .....cool. Great vocalist for this genre. I would buy a ticket.......

g

Killer tune and playing my friend but I hear distortion across the whole mix. It may be on my end but this is the first one that's sounded like this today.

This is definitely a killer song. There's something strange about the mix though. Like maybe it's too wide, not enough content in the center. I'm not sure. I'd like more bottom end on a song like this, and yeah, the drums could come up in the mix too.

Twist

Hey David,

Cool tune, some great lead playing and tones in there.

The mix has an odd sound, almost like it phased, or that sound you get with a stereo expander. Thins it out, never found them much use on a whole mix. Not saying thats what it is, just what it sounds like.

Singer sounds good.

I hear the distortion as well, throughout the whole mix.

The drum level isn't bad, more kick maybe, all the levels are close on the instruments, but that phazy aspect of the whole mix screws up my perspective.

Catchy tune! Great guitar playing and sounds.

Decent song. As far as the drums, I had trouble hearing the kick and snare. The whole mix had a low level - it could certainly be brought up. I liked the singer and lead guit work.

I heard a bit of distortion and/or hiss throughout. It had a live feel to it - almost like you're listening to the band from down a long hallway. I believe a song like this needs a solid bass part.

Just thoughts... Trip

Thank's guy's (each of you) means alot! As far as the drums go, i dont have much i can do about them, they were recorded in stereo..big mistake in my part. The distortion i dunno, but i'm thinking maybe it's because i'm running my mix thru an art pre to my soundcard, to much "sizzle" as sonus used to say. I'm going to take it out of the chain and see what happens. Thanks again guy's.

good tune, but it sounds like it was over normalized or something.. there is a bit of a clipped distorted sound over the whole thing... it's not unlistenable because it's such a grooving tune, but that distortion was bothering me... the bass drum was way too low imhop.. my main beef with this is that distorted sound, but that should be able to be easily fixed...

btw I always download..

tasty tune! :)

Back