How is my singing?

Kjv1993

Busking a Subway Near You
How does this sound

I would like to play at a coffee shop's open mic night, but Im not sure if I can really sing. I posted wish you were here a while ago, and was told that I suck, which I already had figured. But I found a new song, a little more in my range which I think is not half bad. Tell me what you think about this one, is it presentable?

(song is I can feel a hot one- Manchester orchestra)

Last edited:
That's the idea, to find a song that suits your tone, not a one that forces you do to something you can't. This particular song goes well with your vocal range. There's some notes that are off the pitch but that can be mastered with time. Maybe you should take some basic lessons to learn how to breathe and then be constant and practice everyday to get a better tone and accurate pitch. Practice is everything in music. G'luck!

Dude, if you want to play at a coffee shop open mic night, as Nike would say, JUST DO IT. Don't worry about whether or not you suck, just get up there and play. Don't let anybody here, or anywhere, tell you not to go give it a shot.

if you were recording this Id say youve got some pitch issues...if you were singing at a coffee shop Id applaud..

just do it

btw night and day compared to that pink floyd number......

I think that you should practice the song a bit more and then go and sing it at a coffee shop open mic. Doing something outside your comfort zone always leads to learning something about yourself and others. You can't lose. Just go ahead and do it. You'll be fine.

Wig

There are a few pitch issues. Just here and there. Pay attention to what you are singing and you might be able to overcome it.

You have a pleasant voice and an expressive singing voice. Work on the pitch problems and you will sound nice.

Back