How to mix like refernce song?

olsian

Hi. I want to mix my songs like this reference song. Where is the difference from my song vs reference? Thanks

Attachments

• my song.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • reference.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
First, I just wanna mention that I don't think you're as far off from the reference as you may think you are. It's very close to it. The main differences that i hear from both are that 1) the guitars are more audible and the bass guitar is really there to support the rhythm. I don't hear really any bass in your mix if its there. Also the vocals in the reference sit just a little bit better. I don't know if its a compression or eq thing but its something i noticed. Other than that, you really are very close. Great job so far!

Thanks for your response musicgeekandlvr. I have ua 1676 akg c414 adam a7x all waves and fabfilter in my studio. The vocal is not set very well in the mix and bass. Here is the deference that i want. i have used two compresor and eq to vocal but is far from reference. maybe is to mastering? Thanks

The mixes are pretty close in tone.

The main difference I hear is in the low end. The levels are comparable. But in the reference mix the attack on the bass and the kick is well defined. In your mix the attack is not as well defined. There is more articulation in the low end of the reference.

The rest seems pretty close to me.

The mixes are pretty close in tone.

The main difference I hear is in the low end. The levels are comparable. But in the reference mix the attack on the bass and the kick is well defined. In your mix the attack is not as well defined. There is more articulation in the low end of the reference.

The rest seems pretty close to me.
Honestly, I prefer the less-pronounced kick in your mix. The reference mix sounds kind of cheesy for the over-pronounced kick.

The big thing I'd address if this were my mix is performances. Whenever the lead wind instrument gets into the low registers, it starts to falter and lose timing. It almost sounds like the performer isn't able to maintain breath support on the low notes.

Back